Bonus English link:

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
      me too!
      No, really.
      hey, I'm serious about this too!!!

Comment

Gibsie
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

The only dancing i've ever been good at is on the rugby pitch or in the boxing ring

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          Who have you got in the United Kingdom(corrected), anyway?

Celts. They're all drunken headcases.
          hey look pal - i may be a headcase, but i'm not a drunk!

now the UK IS an Island.
          Last edited by child of Thor; November 21, 2005, 07:54.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

i'd always thought of laz as a bit of a norman to be honest.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
              now the UK IS an Island.
              The UK is several islands, and a small bit of another.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                I do know that the English are loud and obnoxious . I'm not sure about angry.

We met this one guy (actually he was scottish) at a bar in reno. He kept on singing football songs or something. we could only understand about 1 out of every 3 words he said.

He drank alot, then ate some fish and chips and then left without paying. And he took some money we had sitting on the table.
                Glasgow by any chance?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I consider myself to be pretty 'English'. I don't do dancing, and I'm generally pissed off about something or other. It's often partly SAD
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You are quite a sad character, hun.

Comment

OK English people, just one question:

What the heck is this 'Morris Dancing' I've heard about? is it real?

Is it in the same level of reality as Mornington Crescent?
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                        OK English people, just one question:

What the heck is this 'Morris Dancing' I've heard about? is it real?

Is it in the same level of reality as Mornington Crescent?
                        It's very real. The only native martial art surviving in England.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

OMG! Such a thing exists??
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                            BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

OMG! Such a thing exists??
                            If you ever come to see them, just dont laugh - they are trained to use those tapping sticks in deadly ways!

hmmm note to self: find local morris dancing club - its good to keep traditions alive

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            The UK is several islands, and a small bit of another.
                            True! Still mentaly/physcologicaly speaking 'we' are an Island
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Question: since the monarch of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is also head of state of the Isle of Man, why is it the Isle of Man isn't mentioned in the official name of the country, as in "United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man" or just "and Mann"?

Does it have the same status as a colony then, where the queen is head of state yet it's not a part of the same country?

Is the Isle of Man part of the UK or is it not?

Comment

There are dozens of small islands off the coast of Britain, it would be impractical to put them all in the name of the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X