Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo on the Religion Additions!

First of all,

I want to give, or rather hand over to the powers that be who are responsible for making the extravagant Civilization IV Game, my HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS for a job well done! I was extraordinarily impressed to see that they took my suggestions to implement religion into the game sequencing and decision making processes for the typical player.

THE ROLE OF IDEOLOGIES cannot be overemphasized in ensuring a PROFOUND full game experience. This is something I had repeated again and again in postings of previous years, indeed many years past. How time has surely flown.

It is my estimation that only VETERANS of this forum will be able to discern who I, namely the "Philosophizer" am. But yes, you can be sure that I have returned, in a new and yet adroit form, just in time for the release of Civilization IV. Why have I decided to return now? To emphasize my joy and recollection at the fact that Sid Meier has taken my advice to heart, and he can be sure I will be sending him a personal email of congratulations on a job well done. He absolutely must be one of the hardest working, industrious, and diligent computer game programmers that has ever entered this very competitive market (which nevertheless can be full of rewards for those ingenious enough to fill the proper niches).

Christianity- the URGE and the DRIVE for colonization- was responsible due to the clarion call of Christ to the nations to convert or perish. The New World and the conquest of its lands- according to the testimony of Christo Pher Columbus (or FERENS- CHRIST BEARER) was done mostly for the sake of spreading the papal mandate of Christian subjugation of all foreign pagan oppressed lands!

Gods Speed to all! And God Bless Sid Meier for a job well done- I ESPECIALLY LIKED ROMANS 9 as the reading for one of the technological improvements- where the Apostle is stated as declaring- HATH NOT THE POTTER THE POWER TO MAKE ONE VESSEL TO HONOR; AND YET ANOTHER TOWARD DISHONOUR? Whether or not a man believes this statement, to call attention to such a highly provocative and powerful theological principal as absolute predestination testifies to the very depth of thought the designers put into the game's elements.

Amen indeed. In addition, the implementation of various ideological and governmental paradigms adds colour to gameplay, and allows wars and diplomacy FINALLY to be conducted on ideological grounds, which is especially important for those people who long to experiment with the AI on this kind of level.

Truly a masterpiece! Sid Meier has DONE IT AGAIN!

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

He speaks in capital letters! Run for the hills!
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Bravo on the Religion Additions!

Originally posted by Philosophiser
        First of all,

I want to give, or rather hand over to the powers that be who are responsible for making the extravagant Civilization IV Game, my HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS for a job well done! I was extraordinarily impressed to see that they took my suggestions to implement religion into the game sequencing and decision making processes for the typical player.

THE ROLE OF IDEOLOGIES cannot be overemphasized in ensuring a PROFOUND full game experience. This is something I had repeated again and again in postings of previous years, indeed many years past. How time has surely flown.

It is my estimation that only VETERANS of this forum will be able to discern who I, namely the "Philosophizer" am. But yes, you can be sure that I have returned, in a new and yet adroit form, just in time for the release of Civilization IV. Why have I decided to return now? To emphasize my joy and recollection at the fact that Sid Meier has taken my advice to heart, and he can be sure I will be sending him a personal email of congratulations on a job well done.
        Good grief. Presumptuously giving credit to one's self.

Anyway, if you were really a "veteran" player you'd know this thread should have been placed in the appropriate forum, not the OT.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The hills, I say, Toggle! I'll ward him off!

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

And teh Lord God commanded, "LIGHTNING BOLT!!1 LIGHTNING BOLT!!1 LIGHTNING BOLT!!1" and 'twere goode.

Quick, someone summon teh Lord's Bear!

Comment

You seem to be referring to the SHE BEARS that according to the King James Bible mauled two and forty of the youths that mocked the prophet. And who were torn asunder into many pieces under the wrath of God.

Comment

Are you accusing us of mocking you? How rude.

DRose - As requested...

Comment

No, I'm not, but you're still going to get mauled

Comment

They mauled the disingenuous youths, not the prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                      Are you accusing us of mocking you? How rude.

DRose - As requested...

lol teh Lord's bear LOL
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophiser
                        They mauled the disingenuous youths, not the prophet.
                        Wait, so if I'm a disingenuous youth then are you a prophet?

Comment

It would certainly seem Jehovah does not appreciate disingenuous youths, tis true.... but to elevate the discussion-

In talking about the Potter's freedom over the clay, Sid Meier was in point of fact taking my previous arguments over the theory of Calvinist presuppositionalism to heart. Namely, that the Bible is not proved or accorded its uses according to natural reason... but by the power over the preached word the truth is immediately deduced by all hearers either to their damnation or salvation. It is the aroma of life to those who believe, and the aroma of death to those who already perish.

Indeed- belief is ranged on the power of the preached word, which, because it is above logic, cannot be subject to logic.

Comment

So you deny that you are a prophet, a Messiah here to save our people? Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Comment

He IS the Messiah, I say!

Comment

Working...
                              X