My great grandmother died this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My great grandmother died this week

Last Tuesday. She outlived all of her children, until the age of 104. She had worsening alzheimers for the last number of years (to the point that last year, she thought my uncle was my mum's boyfriend). Her death was falling down the stairs and bashing her head, possibly due to forgetting the stairs were even there.

A really horrible way to go for somebody who seemed so nice and meant a lot to me

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to get this out there... feel free to delete it or whatever

I don't think you'll have to worry about this thread being deleted. My Loved One Died threads nary go astray. I hope she was knocked out cold upon impact = no suffering, no terror, no really seeing it coming, just peaceful unconciousness before death.

Our condolances.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Sorry to hear of it, Kaliius. Keep a thought for you.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Sucks but 104 is a good long life. She outlived 99%+ of humanity.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My condoleances Kalius. Sorry to hear that
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

"If you raise your hands to Heaven, you will live 100 years" - Neal Peart

Comment

Sounds like a Super Woman to me.

Condolences
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

"She outlived all of her children..."

Sorry to hear of your loss, Kalius.

Comment

sorry -- my condolences
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

A long life... may she rest in peace now.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Think of it this way, and you might feel better:

All of us would love to live 100+ years and then have a quick death, falling down the stairs. That's the way to go!

I raise my glass to her honour
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Condolences, my grandmother died last year too. It's pretty amazing with such an old person that's actuallt experienced so many things that we only know of from black and white films and history books. Both world wars for example...
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Yes... it's one of the reasons I enjoy visiting veteran's homes occasionally. They often have such good stories to tell, and they enjoy your company too. The way I see it, if you can listen to them now, you should, because otherwise they'll soon be dead and you'll have lost a chance to listen to somebody else's experiences.

The fact that they enjoy telling those stories and enjoy having somebody to listen to is all the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X