Gross incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross incompetence

Some guy in the company is supposed to give me a file so I can import some more accounts into the accounting system.

Apparently he had (still has) no idea of what he's doing.

First iteration: the file got 4 columns. One of them was the old account codes. Why gave those to me?

Second iteration: some account names were too long. RTFM already.

Third iteration: Duplicate account codes and names. Hm, you had at least 6 months to do this, why didn't you check the thing at least a few times?

Fourth iteration: So I found "#Name?" in the list. Fun.

Fifth iteration: this time the file got 5 columns and two of them were blank. Use your head already.

Sixth iteration: There were still duplicate account codes and names. Did you fix the problems?!

Seventh iteration: Okay, so the duplicate account codes were finally fixed. But the names weren't. Why on earth is this so difficult? He even asked me for the account codes - look, there's this thing called "find."

What should take 30 minutes has taken almost a whole day and it is still not done. No wonder he doesn't seem to able to finish any task on time. And he is supposed to be the accountant? Who hired this bozo, anyway?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

well few of those can be seen as stupidity, while some are fairly common mistakes.

Give the man time. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Judge him by the way he takes notice. Even if he makes easy blunders, take the time to see it through and educate him on the matter first, and if the same mistakes still keeps occuring, then he's an idiot.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

ANd most of all, do it with PASSION
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pekka, good suggestion.

Although he has been here longer than I.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          ANd most of all, do it with PASSION

Comment

Working...
          X