No justice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No justice.

The man who started the largest fire in the history of the United States won't be going to jail and only has to pay $150 per month in restitution and do community service. Some of you may recall the devistating fire which Sergio Martinez started while he was illegally hunting as it burned down several thousand houses and almost burned down my parent's house. 15 people died, 420 square miles were burned, and 2400 houses were destroyed. Some families lost everything they owned.

Martinez's lawyers blamed the fire on the government instead of his client purposefully setting a fire and then attempting to sneak away. What a crock of ****! Luckily, local residents reported Martinez's truck driving away from the fire almost immediately after it was set. This arsonist should have been tried for the murders of the 15 people his fire killed and for the millions of acres of national forest and public lands he destroyed (not to mention the 2,400 homes he destroyed and the millions it cost to put out the fire).
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I remember when that fire was burning, I was all the way up in Huntington Beach, and the wind would blow in the the air from San Diego, and it was SO WARM, this was like at 9PM at night, when it's freaking 50 degrees out there.

It also blew in so much ash that it was thick as fog.

Our cars got soot all over them.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Dude. It didn't sound like he did it on purpose to cause damage. I read the article. It sounded like he was lost. It says he ran out of water and was lost for 11 hours. He started a fire as a last resort as a signal to call for help or something and a sheriff's helicopter saw him.

from the article:

However, most of the victims who testified targeted government agencies they blamed for the spread of the fire by not being prepared or not reacting quickly enough.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

NO PEACE!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
        X