Computer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer question

When I'm playing counter strike my notebook just suddenly cuts off. Any idea what is happening or how to fix it?

My notebook:
    2.8ghz
    ati radeon 7000 IGP
    512mb of ram
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

You got fragged. It's a new feature.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Define "cuts off": reboots? Locks up? Crash to desktop?

Comment

nope just cuts off completely, doesn't restart or anything, the whole computer just cuts off.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I wonder if your processor or graphics chip are running so hot they just shut down. Does it occur with any other graphically intensive game? If you turn the CS graphic settings down low, does it still occur?

Comment

occurs sometimes when im watching some tv shows on my computer, ill try turning the settings to low.

Comment

It's a P4 2.8GHz I surmise.

Yes, overheating can definitely be a big problem.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                It's a P4 2.8GHz I surmise.

Yes, overheating can definitely be a big problem.
                Anyway to limit overheating?

Comment

regular CS or CS:Source ?

what settings?

resolution, graphics settings, etc...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

regular cs, default setting don't really know what they are I can get the specifics if you need them

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                      Anyway to limit overheating?
                      Not a whole lot, except by limiting usage.

Using P4 in notebooks is a terrible idea because of the heat. It's unfortunate that you got stuck with one of these.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

well its a mobile intel processor so maybe that will help a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Not a whole lot, except by limiting usage.

Using P4 in notebooks is a terrible idea because of the heat. It's unfortunate that you got stuck with one of these.
                          Just a thought, my notebook gives me the option to fix the cpu processing speed at a lower rate to save battery power will that help reduce heat.

Comment

what is your frames per second like in game?

and yeah if you can tell me all your settings it would help
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

to add to my problems this just started, when I try to get my computer out of standby or hibernate mode its shows a blue screen and says memory management and then I have to restart the computer to get it to come back on. You think something is wrong with my ram.

Comment

Working...
                              X