Medical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Question

Hey poly docs, I have a medical question. since sunday i have felt like i have been carrying a brick to the left of my bellybutton. i thought it migtht be the liver, but then i looked up its location and its in a whole different district. same with pancreas and spleen. do you have any idea what it is? i feel like especially when i sit down and hunch. not pain but just like i can feel something there pressing against the stomach.

and now ive just started to have some gas.

any ideas?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

See a doctor.
    What?

Comment

it's an alien
      Monkey!!!

Comment

id like to make sure that something is really wrong before blowing $200 on a doc.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

200$

Where do you live?
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            id like to make sure that something is really wrong before blowing $200 on a doc.

There in one sentence is the reason that I really really like the Canadian health care system.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Severe case of cooties. I'll only charge you $150 for my diagnosis.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

There in one sentence is the reason that I really really like the Canadian health care system.
                Yep. Couple of months ago i got a scare while at work. Suddenly felt very weak and had mild chest pains. I went to the clinic next door where the Doc. examined me and sent me to the nearest emergency room. Blood works, two Electro Cardiograms (sp) and it cost me a grand total of 30$. And that was for opening a new file at the clinic.
                What?

Comment

i live in geneva. the last time i went to see the doc was 300 CHF, and i havnt gotten reinbursed yet by my insurance co (and that was a couple months ago)

Comment

Switzerland: making the German €10 fee look like a red penny.

Comment

Not to be too personal, but when was the last time you moved your bowels?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Mmmmmm...impacted stools....
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Don't see a doctor.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                            Don't see a doctor.

Yeah -- instead, see a hot nurse.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

He needs to see a hot nurse in order to have a bowel movement? Man that's sick.

On the left side you have the stomach up top and the colon below. You also have a spleen and one of your kidneys. If you're having pain in that area the most likely culprits are gastritis, constipation, kidney stones or kidney infection. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you feel like you have a "brick" in the area? Do you mean that it hurts or that you have a palpable mass? Everyone has gas, even the Queen, are you having more gas than usual, and does passing gas make it feel better or worse?
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X