Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here from film schools or equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from film schools or equivalent?

Looking for folks from film schools, film/industry experience, and I would be serious and not playing around. Looking for consultancy. Please, let me know.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Years ago, I applied to some film schools and got turned down. I occasionally got to exhibition of student films. What kind of "consultancy" are you looking for?

Comment

Are you looking for finacing for SuperCitizen: the Motion Picture?

Comment

No, I'm looking for consultancy for certain part of writing, and also certain part of getting it funded.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

hee. I don't know of any film schools in finland.

last semester, I took a course in russian film, this semester I'm doing into to film studies, and next semester I'm going to take film criticism and culture... but I gather you're not interested in that sort of stuff, but rather:

a) how to format a screenplay
          b) get money for it

good luck, kid - you're gonna need it.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

I'm not asking for money here, just if someone with more experience could help me out and answer some questions and look at this thing and give their opinion. That's all, just consulting type of thing.
            In da butt.

Comment

mono, to put it simple, yes, but not that simple. First off, I'm not writing as script here. Second of all, it's a documentary type of film. Also some of the questions I have are more like just you know, simple questions not the search of Holy Grail.

The reason I said if someone has gone to film school or such is because I wanted someone who knows what they talk about... Also, I do have a friend in film school actually, but he has no experience in documentaries, and the questions I have are more like .. technical stuff, pre-production type of things.
              In da butt.

Comment

Like lighting and such? The most conventional form of lighting is three point lighting, which gives an even and balanced look.

What sort of documentary?
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

No, not that kind of technical, those my friend can very well answer and cover, but things like how does documentary synopsis differ from normal movie synopsis, what do I need in it, I figure it should be page long but I figure it's also super important, becuase it either gives the interest to people or they just throw it in trash, so it's very important.

Also method of finding fundings, methods of goign at producers, things like that mostly.
                  In da butt.

Comment

I took a film class in high school
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

we watched the Godfather

it was cool
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Pekka,

I've got some friends in the film industry and my father retired this year after teaching radio, television and film production for 30 years. He also has a lot of contacts in the film industry. PM me with more details of your project and I'll see if anyone wants to take the time to help you out. I usually talk to my father every Sunday, so I can ask him if he is willing to help you. He may or may not be, he's been doing a lot of consulting and working on projects near and dear to his heart so I'm not sure if he has time, but it won't hurt to ask.

My other industry friends are less likely to have a lot of time, as they are usually trying to get their own projects made, and it is tough. My advice is to make something that you can finance on your own in order to show people that you are serious and capable. Another possibility is you could get funding for your proposal from your own government, if they do that sort of thing.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

hey sounds awesome..!

I'm on a big hurry now, just got back from school and need to get right back in, have a meeting with the professor so.. I really have to go right NOW!

I'll get back later today.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            hey sounds awesome..!

I'm on a big hurry now, just got back from school and need to get right back in, have a meeting with the professor so.. I really have to go right NOW!

I'll get back later today.
                            I'll be off the internets until Sunday night, right before I usually talk to my dad. PM me with the details and I can ask him.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              Also method of finding fundings, methods of goign at producers, things like that mostly.
                              Years ago, I took a class in low-budget movie making. The thing I remember about getting funding was the advice about going out of Hollywood to somewhere in the boondocks (hey, you've done this part already ) and approaching a bunch of doctors or some such people with more money than they know what to do with.

Investing in motion pictures is far more exciting that investing in, say, a cement factories. It gives bragging rights at cocktail parties.

Never tell them the film is going to make money. It's okay to point out to potential upside, but the producer/director who was teaching the class always said he started by telling investors they were most probably going to lose money. This prevents future lawsuits for fraud. Even with this caveat, many are willing to invest? Why?? For the same reason you're willing to invest your time and efforts. Movie maiking is fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X