No announcement yet.

Which is worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of plagiarism are we talking about? How many times have politicians palmed off initiatives and policies as their own. Al Gore for example invented the internet.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dauphin - and lying about his quote, which just exaggerated his role, because he did provide support to the development of the internet - is worse, as is bothering to believe the quote without researching the actual truth. Tjhat is why attack ads work - most people post the one-liner as opposed to the actual point. Just like Biden's plagiarism may have been more of a technical mistake - having helped my wife with her papers, citation can be a bear to do correctly.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Which is worse?

Originally posted by Sikander

George Bush over Joe Biden.
        Or conversely Joe Biden over Teddy Kennedy as a lessor of two evils.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Parody is good. Plagiarism is part of parody. Conclusion: plagiarism is good.
          money sqrt evil;
          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            so you are changing your argument now?
            No. That was my original argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
              Drunk driving can have high consequences, but there are limits to how much damage one can do with a single motor vehicle.

Plagiarism, which has its roots in laziness towards doing good research, has low consequences for most people, but scales with the amount of power the person has. Case in point: current Iraq war.
              That's not my argument. A drunk driver or a plagiariser will continue whether or not you elect them; however, a plagiariser would be a worse person to have in office because he would be consciously deceitful and intellectually dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                As far as leadership goes, a liar is preferable to an idiot.

Clinton > Dubya.
                I'm worried about lies that affect policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Harley
                  Dauphin - and lying about his quote, which just exaggerated his role, because he did provide support to the development of the internet - is worse, as is bothering to believe the quote without researching the actual truth. Tjhat is why attack ads work - most people post the one-liner as opposed to the actual point. Just like Biden's plagiarism may have been more of a technical mistake - having helped my wife with her papers, citation can be a bear to do correctly.
                  If you read my posts in the other thread you would see that I distinguished between plagiarism on a technicality or through a misunderstanding and deliberate substantive plagiarism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    Sava... since Jack Waterston took over as Asst. D.A. Jack McCoy, they should make a change...

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate the crime, and the district attorneys who end up making deals with the offenders. These are their stories.

Sam Waterston

Fred Dalton Thompson is going to give you a BEAT DOWN!!!

Last edited by Sava; November 15, 2005, 19:50.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                    X