Computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help

i accidentally tried to upgrade win2k pro to XP home by putting the CD in and telling it to install. Now i get a choice of operating systems and when i choose win2k it boots up ok but then reboots itself after logging in. If i choose XP home then it goes into setup.

How can I undo what i just done?

Why are you not letting XP setup?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ouch - I think that you entered the door next to you. Certain upgrades in MS isn't capabable of rolling back and OS version change is one of them as far as I know.

My first step would be to secure all relevant data before doing anything else.

Next - can you live with XP home ? Then try configure that - otherwise format c:\ might be the easiest way out.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Rule of thumb: never ever upgrade Windows, backup important stuff from c: and let the new windows setup format c: during setup.
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Oh.. and never put important things on c: in the first place.
          får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Working...
          X