Suggestion for the Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
    Well some people post almost exclusively on the off topic...
    That's not an answer, that's what I'm asking. I don't post nearly like I used to in Civ MP, but I did, that's evident. Would be a deity if I hadn't constantly screws up early on. Ming would set me back up at best point he could find.
    NOW, I want to be King. Cooler King. Like the avatar.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      I'm already a mod at other forums here. Perhaps I can expand my empire...
      Sorry, you'll just have to wait for the OT to culture flip to you.
      Although if you want to offer me loads of resources then I could cede it to you, but you might have difficulties with uprisings.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        Those mods could lock Tripledoc's threads
        Or Kid's. Which was my point

Comment

While we're on the subject of mods, is MtG all right?

Maybe I missed the appropriate thread, but he hasn't posted for months.

Comment

Instead of more mods, how about a 6 or 12 hour "cooling off" period between registration and posting?
            If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Is it actually possible to have these limited mods only having the power to lock threads started by those with less than 10 posts? Or is this going to have to be on the 'honor system'? I think it may be the later.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

did I miss some good spam?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Is it actually possible to have these limited mods only having the power to lock threads started by those with less than 10 posts? Or is this going to have to be on the 'honor system'? I think it may be the later.
                  I imagine it could be hacked, if it's not possible within the software already. OTOH, that's a lot more work probably.

Comment

I think Asher has already suggested this, but why not just implement anti-bot measures? I'm sure most of these freebie offers are made by spambots. Unless we already have them in place in the registration process, that is.

Anti-bot measures, of course, being things like a randomly generated picture with distorted letters and numbers, and then asking to the person to type the letters and numbers down to a field for the registration to complete.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Wait, why are we trying to get rid of the freebies? I already won an Xbox 360 and an iPod.

Comment

well, to be honest, I don't mind the spambots that much

they don't come around enough to be much of a nuisance

and spamming their threads is fun!

plus, it's really more of a chore for the mods to lock or delete their threads

if Poly really starts getting bombarded with crap, then maybe implement something

otherwise, leave well enough alone

just my 2 cents

obviously whatever Markos and Dan decide is cool
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I volunteer to be a mod.

Comment

I support Dis' application.

BTW Dis, was that PM helpfull?
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                              I support Dis' application.

BTW Dis, was that PM helpfull?
                              haven't tested it out yet. . Too busy posting here and playing civ4. I guess it's not that much of an annoyance. Just a minor one. And my CD-Rom hasn't been acting up lately, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X