Suggestion for the Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for the Admins

We've been getting a lot of **** threads (i.e. "freebie" offers) in the OT lately.

How about creating a bunch of new limited mods (out of some of the more levelheaded of OT regulars) who will only have the power to lock/delete threads created by users who have a postcount less than, say, 10 (maybe even give them the ability to suspend the user in question)

This would ensure that they can't do **** regarding actual controversies, but can merely clean up the OT whenever the spammers strike. With a large enough number of them (15?) distributed evenly with respect to their usual usage hours it would be pretty much guaranteed that one of them would be around most of the time to react almost instantaneously.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Originally posted by Ming/Markos/DanQ/Rah
    No (add if Ming posts this)
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What? You think they just offer their free coupons to anybody? The OT should be honored to be so lucky as to be the attention of their affections.

Comment

yeah but then they can send these stupid spam adds, since there's no way it will be anything more than a lock given to these fools. And then we can't shout back at these jokers. You see your momma brought you up all wrong, that's what's up.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm not married to the idea, and I certainly won't care that much when they say no, but if you guys have a better suggestion for how to get the spam off the front page quicker I'd like you to air it.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm already a mod at other forums here. Perhaps I can expand my empire...

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              yeah but then they can send these stupid spam adds, since there's no way it will be anything more than a lock given to these fools. And then we can't shout back at these jokers. You see your momma brought you up all wrong, that's what's up.
              Still gets it off the front page and out of my mind.

Then when a real mod comes in he can IP ban the ****.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                I'm already a mod at other forums here. Perhaps I can expand my empire...
                We don't need self-aggrandizers like you.

I'm not looking for activist judges; merely beat cops.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Dan is on it... they'll disappear presently.

Comment

Dan

Still, I understand that the mods and admins have lives, and aren't going to be here 24/7

We need a neighbourhood watch. Armed to the teeth.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We just need the IPs of these spammers, set up funds with several other big forums, so we can set up a hit squad, few in US, few in Europe etc, so any team can get to the location more conviniently, and work the fools with tools.

That's my suggestion.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Dan

Still, I understand that the mods and admins have lives, and aren't going to be here 24/7

We need a neighbourhood watch. Armed to the teeth.
                        Wait... I have a life? Why didn't someone tell me sooner? Arg!  

Markos and I will consider the suggestion, re: "beat cops". Thanks for it.

--------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

what about my suggestion?!
                          In da butt.

Comment

All serious suggestions are given consideration by the staff.

Thanks, KH!

Comment

I get the bastards in my junk email.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X