Hypothetical situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical situation

Let's say you lost something from your car in the middle of the interstate (fast, big road, average speed of ~70 MPH, at least two lanes)

Under what circumstances would you recover it?

Jon Miller
    Night
    9.09%
    Day
    15.91%
    Rain
    2.27%
    Small Item
    6.82%
    Big Item
    11.36%
    Important Item
    22.73%
    Unimportant Item
    0.00%
    Light Traffic (see a few cars)
    20.45%
    Medium Traffic (see many cars, but gaps)
    2.27%
    Heavy Traffic (see many cars.. no significant gaps)
    0.00%
    Snow
    4.55%
    Other (please post)
    4.55%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I might possibly go out if it was light traffic, in the middle of the day, and and an important item.

But it would really really depend on how important the item was.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Err.. pick the most extreme circumstances..

Snow+Rain add to the extremity

as does Unimportant item (Unimportant>Important)

as Does the Traffic density (Heavy>Medium>Light)

Also Night>Day

I am not sure about Big vs Small

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I should have included never...

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

If the item was important, and conditions permitted, I see myself realistically able to recover it intact, then its a given that I'd try and go back for it.

If its not important, or if its something that I doubt I could recover if I went back for it, regardless of the conditions, I'd just let it go.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Back in the stone age, a buddy of mine, on the way to visit me at college stopped to take a wizz under a overpass along the interstate. An hour later when he got to my apartment he realized that his stash was missing and it must have dropped out of the car during his bathroom break.

He drove back to find it. It's a long story that included not knowing which viaduct, turning around in the median and getting stuck in the mud, have a carload of girls getting covered in mud trying to push him out, but they finally returning 3 hours later with stash in hand.

He passed away a few months ago, and I got to hear the whole story again from the guy that was with him that night. RIP
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Damn it, Jon. That body fell out, didn't it?
              I told you to be careful!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I doubt I will go look for it, unless the item is really important, like a stack of convertible bearer bonds that is worth millions of dollars.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am amazed at the number of people who would be willing to do it at night..

it would have to be life/'death to get me out there at night

and I mean seriously life/death.. not just a few hundred dollars

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

go get your moon roof at night/early morning with your hazard lights on
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

it is 200 miles away right now

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

It would have to be important or expensive, but if it is, then pretty much any conditions barring constant traffic or driving rain.

How tf did you lose a moon roof?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

How did he show up at court on the wrong day? How come there's ketchup on his kitchen ceiling?
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Your moon roof is long gone, Jon.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...