Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will you end America's dependence on foreign oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will you end America's dependence on foreign oil?

So?

Using my plan, US dependence on foreign oil increased to 60% by 2020. And my best initiative was to allow drilling in ANWR...

Can you do any better?
    What?

I reduced US demand for oil to zero. All policies require 100 % reduction and take effect immediately. Its easy if you know how!

Reducing the average miles Americans drive cars, SUVs, and trucks by 100% was your most effective initiative with a savings of 7.56 million barrels per day
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He3 from the moon
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

All Americans should grow wings and fly, thereby eliminating the need for personal automobiles altogether.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

sveet... wings
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Use of foreign oil increased to 62% with my initiatives, and that's with going back and raising some numbers.

I tried to keep it reasonable (aka no 100% reductions effective immediately). Increase average MPG on cars from 25 to 35 within 5 years... stuff like that.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Did America not close down most of its coal mines some time ago and switched to oil-based indutry? In that case, there should still be lots of coal under the States, ready to be tapped as soon as switching back to coal and running on domestic / Latin American coal gets cheaper than oil. Shouldn't be too long.

Comment

If you do EVERYTHING almost immediately, you can get it to 51% imported by 2020.

Most interesting was reducing average miles driven by 20% cut consumption the most. This measure is achievable and would probably happen naturally if Americans had gasoline prices like Europeans
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Our problem isn't "dependence upon foreign oil", our problem is our willingness to buy from the cheapest source, which happens to be a group of second-rate countries most representing a third-rate tradition of civilization whom happens to be antithetical to the West.

So... knowing that this is but a game, I support a minimum price of a barrel of oil to be $50.

It won't work of course, but what the hell. $50 a barrel and we'll be able to put so much oil online in friendly places like Canada, Texas, the UK and others that we would tell Saudi Arabia to kiss our ass (and our petrodollars) goodbye.

Since I'm dreaming, I might as well ask for a brand-new $200k home theater system, the sort that demands you remodel the home.

Comment

200k for a home theater?

you're nuts!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Economic collapse will end America's dependence of foreign oil.

Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        200k for a home theater?

you're nuts!
                        Too low?

Comment

US oil imports increased by 46%, from 11.44 million barrels per day in 2002 to 16.69 million barrels per day in 2020.

However, your initiatives reduced oil consumption by
                          2.15 million barrels per day.
                          meh

BASTARDS SET ME UP TO FAIL!@!!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

However, your initiatives reduced oil consumption by
                            12.05 million barrels per day.

US oil imports decreased by 41%, from 11.44 million barrels per day in 2002 to 6.79 million barrels per day in 2020.

Your savings is also sufficient to compensate for the oil to be imported from the Persian Gulf by 2020 (about 5.04 million barrels per day).

Increasing the average MPG of new cars, SUVs, and trucks to 50 MPG was your most effective initiative with a savings of 3.34 million barrels per day.

Replacing 80% of petroleum-using electricity generators was your least effective initiative with a savings of 0.16 million barrels per day.

details:
                            4 years starting in 2006 to increase to 50 mpg for vehicles
                            6 years starting in 2006 to make 30% of vehicles be alternative
                            1 year starting in 2006 to decrease miles driven by 20% (by carpooling)
                            8 years starting in 2007 to decrease jet fuel use by 50%
                            5 years starting this year to decrease trucking fuel by 50%
                            1 year starting this year to decrease thermostat by 5 degrees
                            2 years starting this year to decrease consumption of petroleum products by 20%
                            8 years starting in 2006 for for industry to use 30% less oil
                            8 years starting in 2006 for power companies to use 80% less oil

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I only reduced 3.7 million over what it would be without because I tried to stay realistic...

Soy bean fuelled diesel is the way, and LNG (liquified natural gas).
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                              X