Suicide Bombers Kill 57 at Jordan Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide Bombers Kill 57 at Jordan Hotels

I don't make the bad news, I just sometimes post it.

AP - 25 minutes ago

AMMAN, Jordan - Suicide bombers carried out nearly simultaneous attacks on three U.S.-based hotels in the Jordanian capital Wednesday night, killing at least 57 people and wounding 115 in what appeared to be an al-Qaida assault on an Arab kingdom with close ties to the United States. The explosions hit the Grand Hyatt, Radisson SAS and Days Inn hotels just before 9 p.m. One of the blasts took place inside a wedding hall where 300 guests were celebrating. Black smoke rose into the night, and wounded victims stumbled from the hotels.
    Australia stops terrorists.
    China threatened.
    Jordan bombed.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

**** dude!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

sheeeet - fiyah dee miss-eye-ls.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I can't believe this is the first thead about this. Anyway, the terrorists once again shows that they don't care about their fellow muslims AT ALL. They are considered acceptable losses just like everyone else, and this is why terrorists are the enemies of all people.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yeah, Jordan is too Western for them. Jordan has been training Iraqi forces and is a good friend of the US. That didn't make Al Queda like them much.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Jordan is one that knows they can have their way, and other's can have their way.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Jeez this is ridiculous. If this was a European city, we've have had 50 posts by now... and frankly this is bigger than the Spain bombings for one. Especially since Jordan is a Muslim country.

Comment

I quite agree. I'm shocked at what appears to be apathy.
                It's a big deal, and is the best illustration of how whacked out these terrorists are.

To put it in a Western comparison, it's like a Southern Baptist killing me, because Methodists aren't Protestant enough for them.

Comment

Indeed... Al Queda doesn't hesitate to kill the Muslims it says it is fighting for. In Iraq at least they could try to make the argument that the US really runs the place, but in Jordan? What argument is there? That they cooperate with the US too much? But they are still a Muslim country and control their own destiny.

The question is who do the common people follow? It can be very dicey to be an Arab monarch right now.

Comment

The common man needs to follow his heart.
                    No matter the religion, a good man knows you don't do this kind of thing.
                    The Crusades were wrong, Jihad is wrong.

SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE

The Glorious Qur’an says:

“…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.”
                    [Al-Qur’an 6:151]

Islam considers all life forms as sacred. However, the sanctity of human life is accorded a special place. The first and the foremost basic right of a human being is the right to live. The Glorious Qur’an says:

“…if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”
                    [Al-Qur’an 5:32]

Such is the value of a single human life, that the Qur’an equates the taking of even one human life unjustly, with killing all of humanity. Thus, the Qur’an prohibits homicide in clear terms. The taking of a criminal’s life by the state in order to administer justice is required to uphold the rule of law, and the peace and security of the society. Only a proper and competent court can decide whether an individual has forfeited his right to life by disregarding the right to life and peace of other human beings.

Well-said.

Comment

I usually don't bump a thread I start. If it dies, it dies.
                      This may be the most relevant thread I ever started here.
                      It has a lot of views, but few posts. I'm not sure what that means.
                      Imran made a good point. Were the thread about London or New York, there would be expressed outrage.

Jordan was bombed because they're "our" friends.
                      You should have more empathy.

Comment

The targets may have been Iraqi politicians. The Grand Hyatt was known for that, and apparantly Hakim (leader of SCIRI, the most important party in Iraq) had a recent meeting at an Amman hotel.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

The terrorist attack sucks but the good news is muslim radicals now seem to mostly be confined to muslim countries. We saw recent attacks in India but India has a very large muslim population and most of the attackers were Indian citizens so it is near impossible to prevent that. The recent Australian opporation shows that at least foreign born terrorists can be stopped by a well organized intelligence service. The silver lining to this dark cloud is that Islamic terror organizations have mostly been confined to their "home turf" a la the attacks in Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan. We still have to work with our muslim friends to beef up their anti-terrorism efforts but headway has been made.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't think there is a place left in the world that is safe from Islamic terrorism.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

[q=Oerdin]The terrorist attack sucks but the good news is muslim radicals now seem to mostly be confined to muslim countries.[/q]

I think its folly to believe that too strongly. They seem to go in cycles and when we start thinking they are confined to the Islamic countries is when they hit us.

Comment

Working...
                              X