Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun not canonical proverbs

Let's get started!

1. Two birds in the bush are worth one over your statue.

Meaning: several neutrals are better than one enemy.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

"He shouldn't throw stones, who lives in a Paris suburb."

Meaning, your butt will end up in Sweden where there's no media coverage of ethnic clashes, so it's not nearly as fun.

Comment

Winston, if you want political proverbs I have one for you. Sounds better in US English, do not read it as UK English.

"East or West, West is best."
      money sqrt evil;

Comment

I've had a lot of fun with this in the past, but in Danish. Most proverbs have equivalents in other languages, but are usually difficult to translate correctly.

Let me see,

"One shouldn't cry wolf, better to keep your mouth shut."

Meaning, do not betray your place of hiding in the face of imminent danger.

Comment

"If the mountain does not move towards Muhammed, than Moses paid more"

Meaning: You must pay both bribes and taxes not only one of them.
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

My grandfather on tall women:

"When you're nose to nose your toes are in it, and when you're toes to toes your nose is in it."

Comment

"I have the leadership abilities of a small cantaloupe." - Stefu
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face"
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, he won't be able to chase you.
                  Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

"When the tough get goin', the goin' gets tough" - that stupid catcher in Major League 2

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

"If you can't join them, beat them" - Uffe Ellemann-Jensen, Danish Foreign Minister.

He said it in June 1992 before consultations with his European colleagues - in a situation where a Danish referendum had narrowly turned down the Maastricht Treaty, and Denmark had just won the European Championship in football.

Comment

"A large boulder is worth many small pebbles."

Meaning: when you attack a political opponent, do it swiftly and with overwhelming force.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

"fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

"Never trouble trouble until bird catches a worm".
                            money sqrt evil;

Comment

(not)Confucious say : "Man who stand on toilet high on pot."
                              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Working...
                              X