Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every which way but US?

Comment

Audience member after hearing Reagan speak in the mid-fifties: "You should run for President"

Reagan: "President of what?"

"President of the United States!"

"Ah, so you don't like my acting either?"

Comment

Re: Activate post counts

Originally posted by Winston
        Make posts count again in the OT - temporarily - until some new life has been breathed into this increasingly dull and uninspiring place. Current activity level is just intolerable, compared to how it was just a few weeks ago - and for years and years before that. The Cuban Communists' Central Committee gets more lively debate than us suckers around here. Alternatively consider paying people to post here, put some of the PLUS funds to good work.

Anything.
        eventually people will get bored of civ4. And people are already complaining about longbowmen defeating tanks.

Comment

Goddam longbowmen and their anti-tank missiles.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is there a way (for the admins) to see what the post counts WOULD be if OT posts were counted again?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              eventually people will get bored of civ4. And people are already complaining about longbowmen defeating tanks.
              Yes, hopefully they will. Although that's rather cruel wishing for that. I know I never even considered buying it, thinking back to how CivIII was such a disappointment to me. I've started playing a little CivII again lately, I still love that game and I doubt I'll ever move on to other installments.

Comment

Ask Dark Cloud, he is the omniscient one in the 'poly Olympus.

Comment

No. Posts have been lost in many of the great turnings of the archives.

My estimate is that I'd be at 15-20k
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Possibly as high as 25
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Especially because I have this bad habit of posting, then adding more information in a following post.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Yes, hopefully they will. Although that's rather cruel wishing for that. I know I never even considered buying it, thinking back to how CivIII was such a disappointment to me. I've started playing a little CivII again lately, I still love that game and I doubt I'll ever move on to other installments.

Other Civ 2 fans seem to rather enjoy it.

Of course, new job and pots of extra cash or not, I shan't be buying it until it's bargain basement, like Civ 3, which I didn't particularly enjoy. Although if I can save enough cash to make it to the 'polycon after all, then I may well have to buy it, just so I have sensible questions after: "Mr Sid, will you please, please, please, please release the Civ 2 code to help our scenario builders?"

Comment

er

Comment

Civ 4 rocks, by the way.

I had my hopes for it, but was deliberately keeping them down after the monstrosity of Civ 3

I've been playing the Desert War scenario (North Africa/Mediterannean in WWII) and it's pretty ****ing fun.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              Civ 4 rocks, by the way.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

duke,

Good to hear some people are enjoying it. I'm sure you will too eventually. It's just that I'm not really a big gamer, not of new PC games anyway. Old arcade games however is another story. I only ever bought one single PC game aside from CivII+III, and I only played it like 4 times or so.

I'm a strange person, I know. But a game has to be really good, or at least my expectations for it should be over the top before I would buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X