Boycott Sony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not it. Making it hard.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.
      Last edited by SlowwHand; November 12, 2005, 10:10.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Sony Removal Tool

The Boycott Sony thread has been looked at many times, news posted, and trial and error on programs.
        This is Symantec link to tool for removal.
        Sony is not the only to use rootkit.
        I'm going to post another time with a rootkit program that ISN'T Sony specific. Can run it, and look for any ssuspicious files that aren't somewhat repetitive.
        It's quite likely you have no probs. This is a Just In Case action.
        This post is Sony only. I will also UL the saved program, in case the link goes dead.

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

Comment

General rootkit tool.
          This is NOT Symantec supplied. It's only the yield as most visited site, per Google.

Don't remove anything until you have done your due diligence in finding out what you're about to remove.

Edit: Sloww - the licensing agreement at Sysinternals forbids other sites from hosting the file. Please post a link istead.
          Last edited by Urban Ranger; November 12, 2005, 23:55.

Comment

Sony

If they keep going in that direction, soon I'll label them as evil as Apple and M$

I guess I'd better check in the future if the CD's I'm going to buy are from Sony... not that I buy many CD's anyway ('bout two in a year)
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

There's a new Sony rumour going around, this time concerning the PS3 - it may include DRM that makes it impossible to play rented or second hand games.
              "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
              - Lone Star

Comment

They're just determined to sabotage their console, arent' they?

Comment

It's worse than that, they want it for all media.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Has anyone found any place yet to voice your opinion on the matter? I mean I feel like holding a picket line outside of some Sony headquarters just to get the message across that THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

When a company butts into your privacy and destabilizes your system just on the very off chance that you want to pirate their product on a 1st grade level (2nd graders could still pirate it), it just tears all decency to pieces. And you just know it was some heartless shrimp dicked jizz star in the ranks of Sony who pushed this decision through. I mean how dumb do they think we are? This is ridiculous.

Comment

X-box 260 it is.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Slowhand. I ran the utility and it didn't find the spyware dispite the fact that I buy ooddles of CDs. I guess buying from small indie labels has paid off for me.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Me thinks Sony's acquisitions of media business ranks amongst the worst business decisions ever.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Worse than AOL-Time-Warner?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                                There's a new Sony rumour going around, this time concerning the PS3 - it may include DRM that makes it impossible to play rented or second hand games.
                                WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X