sick kitty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick kitty

my sister's kitten Mykos is really sick... like serious...

apparantly he was disoriented and wandering around her apartment and falling over...

she took him to an emergency veterinary hospital and he has a temperature of 106 F (normal is 102)

I don't know many details of what is wrong. They don't know exactly what is causing the problem at this point. From what I overheard, it could be FIP, Feline... uhhh... Infection... P... something that starts with P... Feline Infectious Peritonitis (Google is my friend!)... but that is just speculation at this point. They have him on IV's. But he is not in an oxygen tent. And his temp has improved to 104, so that is good news.

But my sister is really upset. She also had to put a deposit down for $1000.

Vet care for cats can be very expensive.

So far we have no idea how sick Mykos is or how likely he is to survive.

Here is a recent pic of him for those who did not see my other cat pic thread (he is on the left... the Siamese... the one on the right is Morty)

For those that didn't read the other thread, Mykos was a birthday present for my sister. She traveled to Greece in August, and my mom and I went to a breeder and picked out Mykos from a pair of Siamese kittens. When she got back from Greece, we surprised her with the kitten.

So naturally, she is very upset.

He is a very sweet little guy and it will be such a shame if he dies.

Also, another of our cats, Mali, is having health problems.

He has lost 3 pounds in the last 6 months or so. It turns out he is hyper-thyroid. He has to take medicine with his food. Also, he throws up a lot. But he is such a sweet guy. I don't think he is long for this world.

It saddens me a lot because I can almost handle it more when a human family member dies. But for some reason it tears me up when one of the cats has problems. I don't know why.

Anyways, I hope Mykos pulls through this and I am able to post pics of him healthy again.

After her semester is over with, my sister will be staying with us again for about 5-6 weeks so I'll be able to post some pics of Mykos if he makes it.

here's a good one from the other thread for those that missed it

To us, it is the BEAST.

They can get anything a person can. Which is why I'm about to start smoking outside.
    Well, Hell. Hope the little things pull out of it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Anyways, I hope Mykos pulls through this and I am able to post pics of him healthy again.

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I hope for the best, Sava. Good luck!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

thanks guys

I am concerned about my sister. She is going to be really sad if Mykos dies.

She lives with her fiance, so she won't be alone. But still, she is not as strong as I am emotionally.

That may sound kind of weird. It's hard to explain because you guys know me as someone who is depressed and wants to commit suicide. But I am not an emotionally weak or unstable person.

Does that make sense?

I am basically in a dark place, very nihilistic, and my outlook is hopeless... but I do not cry very much...

But my sister, when she gets upset, she does cry very much.

She is not depressed or anything, but emotionally, there are things that will send her into a sad state.

I'm hoping the kitty will be all right.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sick kitties suck

I was devastated when Samantha died after 11 or so years (about half my life at that point) of being in my life. I don't care what some people think about pets, they are as emotionally important to you as your own children. Think of the pets as adopted children: Not your own by birth, but you love them just as much. The pain can run just as deep.

I hope her kitty pulls out of this.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I lost 3 cats in a few years and I have to admit it was a tough loss every single time, wish her kitty the best
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I lost a family cat about 10 years ago to Feline leukemia. It simply kept losing weight. I went to visit a friend in Chicago and my sister and mother took the cat to the vet to put it to sleep. My Dad, who always made a big show of hating cats, couldn't bear to go to the vet to do it.

On a side note, my parents seem to have been adopting a bunch of neighborhood strays, at my stern cat hating father's insistence. One cat was owned by the elderly lady next door that passed away and everybody forgot about it and left it outside. He would feed it everyday and leave it outside.........until winter came.

My Dad is a fraud.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Sorry to hear Sava.

Best of Wishes. Hope the cats pull through
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                    < snip >

My Dad is a fraud.

ACK!
                    Even a fraud can be good person...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      Even a fraud can be good person...
                      My father is the best person I know, I hope I'm half the father he is.

We all knew he was a phony about cats. He's just finally admitted it.

ACK!

Comment

I'm not making a joke but I wonder if there is medical insurance for pets.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          I'm not making a joke but I wonder if there is medical insurance for pets.
                          Yes:

Pet Insurance

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

My father is the best person I know, I hope I'm half the father he is.

We all knew he was a phony about cats. He's just finally admitted it.

ACK!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

My best hopes for your kitty.

(A $1000 deposit? I thought vets here were ridiculously expensive ...)
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X