Is this all Moderators do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this all Moderators do?

I have a totally off-topic question (I am not a frequent lurker of OT but it hit me today so I ask Do the helpful moderators here (or the Staff for that matter) of Apolyton have other jobs outside of this or do they really get paid to sit here and sift through all this? Just wondering, figured I would ask, and please take no offence, and if you are so kind to be open I was wondering what type of careers you moderators lead in RL J/W...thanks
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

I work on Apolyton for about 120K per year, plus commission, 401K, and health benefits.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Since I became a Poly mod, I've been living on easy street.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

paid

[/ming]

Comment

Keep it up and I'll ban you. YOU GOT THAT MISTER!!!1
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Ming has it in his contract that he gets to play golf at least half the time - and Asteroids MultiPlayer PLUS whenever the forum activity dives below 100 posts per hour, excluding the Off Topic.

Seems to please everybody concerned.

Comment

Thanks ya'll

Thats it: When I grow up I wanna be a moderator!
              Siga El Conejo Blanco
              | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                I work on Apolyton for about 120K per year, plus commission, 401K, and health benefits.
                Gee... I got a better package than that... and when you figure the end of year bonuses based on the number of threads closed/deleted and people restricted, I can eaisly double that.

And yes... I do have a golf clause
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  paid

[/ming]
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wish I got paid for posting on Poly...

that would be TOTALLY BODACIOUS!!!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wish Sava had to pay for posting on Poly. Then it'd all be over before you could say BODACIOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        I wish Sava had to pay for posting on Poly. Then it'd all be over before you could say BODACIOUS.
                        Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

no, then I would have to lead a life of crime to support my habit!!!

but I, with my l337 ninja skillz would totally PWN teh police, so I would constantly be on the run...

I would probably have a van and a laptop and have to post strictly by using WiFi hotspots for fear of being tracked!!!

I could never go to a Poly meet... I COULD TRUST NO ONE!

Ming could be an agent. chegitz? q cubed? snoopy? can't trust any of them...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wow so if ming got all of that and he is the oldest of the twins what do ya suppose rah is getting it has to be more since he is younger and to add, to mod the game forums. He got the cool golf package i bet
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

That'll be $ .70 Sava.

Comment

Working...
                              X