The Madness Continues - UK Poly meet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madness Continues - UK Poly meet thread

So I've taken it upon myself to start this new thread. What's going on? Where was PH this weekend (Persecuting Christians, I'll bet)? Did Dauphin revise for his tax stuff (A thrilling question, for sure)? All this and other answers will be provided.

For now, a short notice invitation: any of you guys up for seeing the fantasmic indie band New Order this coming Thursday (10th November) in Brixton? Tickets seem quite cheap on ebay, I've asked other people but they all seem to have buggered off home for reading weeks and so forth, so I'm forced to rely on you lovely people

Willkommen zu Deutschland

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

ZE GERMANS!!!

LOS LOS LOS!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

PH finally turned up, and after driving for hours to get here I then dragged him off to guildford as my lift had shown up. After which we settled into my newly researched modern era and went about bombing size 14 barbarians cities in the new world 'terra' map, and starting the conquest of the old world. Im not exactly convinced PH is the builder he was making himself out to be

I dont think Im doing anything this thursday, Lauren also wants to come but she may not be able to make it as she is finishing her project. I presume you are buying a pair of tickets, have you got a home for the other one? ebay is goign to be hard to work for me as its banned at work and Ive still not set up my connection at home. ((Youre not ''bigdawghomo'' are you Gibsie? I dont want to bet against you)

It was good to meet Child of Thor, not only is he a thoroughly nice chap but I also got 6 groslch out of it, so I know Im happy.
          Although maybe we can try to be more organzied with everyone turning up at once next time
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Turns out some of my Stoneleigh mates are going anyway, and they probably have a spare ticket for lil old me. I could buy you two a pair of tickets on ebay myself if you like, but I'll work out my side of thnigs tonight after Chris has found out if there is a spare one or not for me.

Comment

Ive got my broadband back, and by the time I finished registration I just missed out on 2 for £10 by 2 minutes

letem know what our plan is, Lauren might notbe able to make it but it doesnt really matter for a fiver. I like the brixton academy as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                PH finally turned up, and after driving for hours to get here I then dragged him off to guildford as my lift had shown up. After which we settled into my newly researched modern era and went about bombing size 14 barbarians cities in the new world 'terra' map, and starting the conquest of the old world. Im not exactly convinced PH is the builder he was making himself out to be

I dont think Im doing anything this thursday, Lauren also wants to come but she may not be able to make it as she is finishing her project. I presume you are buying a pair of tickets, have you got a home for the other one? ebay is goign to be hard to work for me as its banned at work and Ive still not set up my connection at home. ((Youre not ''bigdawghomo'' are you Gibsie? I dont want to bet against you)

It was good to meet Child of Thor, not only is he a thoroughly nice chap but I also got 6 groslch out of it, so I know Im happy.
                Although maybe we can try to be more organzied with everyone turning up at once next time
                In that era I tend to be powerful enough to field quite an extravagant military, especially airforce It's all done as a sideline to my perfect empire when I have the time
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I shifted my economy 3 turns after the 100 turn warning which is where we left it. I nuked then razed timbuktu because they had the audacity to try and build the apollo program and try and win the game from under my nose. Im knocked france off of the continent so I can move on Italy and keepthem out of space as well. Ive still got an extra 25% land area left to go to get domination win which is roughly all of Germany and Italy. 60 turns should be enough time.

I think I like the build then warmonger strat I played in this game

Comment

Sorry, Thursday night is out. I've never been the biggest fan of New Order plus I am already out on Wednesday night at a gig, and I am on earlies, so too many in one week would be a bit harsh.

But regardless, it's a step up from Bewitched et al Gibsie
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: The Madness Continues - UK Poly meet thread

Originally posted by Gibsie
                      Where was PH this weekend (Persecuting Christians, I'll bet)?
                      That's not too far from the truth I was insistent they should adopt Judaism on the other hand
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                        edit........

Cheers for giving up some of your civ playing time to show me the game - i'll give you a few weeks to get 'cived out' then lend you that space game we talked about

And i'll try to co-ordinate to turn up when eveyone else is their

oh and i'm too old for giggs, so i'll pass on that one
                        Last edited by child of Thor; November 7, 2005, 16:27.
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Too old for gigs? You are never too old for gigs...

How old are you BTW?
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Too old for gigs? You are never too old for gigs...

How old are you BTW?
                            Ancient..........child of Thor? still my gigging days are over - i was(for a short while) in a band and have many friends who's giggs i've been too.
                            I like my pipe+slippers these days and the comfort of listening to my fav songs in my own home......see i'm old it's official!
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

To be fair, youre only a little older than PH and Dauphin. I wouldnt have put you much past your late twentys and I get to see lots of people each day and know exactly how old they are, so Im getting some good practice. Tropical sea air has obvously preserved you well

Most of my friends are 30+, I like ribbing them about their age (middle age spread, receding hairline etc) because while I know I am condemned to the same fate as they are, they are always going to reach these milestones first

Comment

Working...
                              X