No announcement yet.

The Madness Continues - UK Poly meet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the NHS and my ''lavish'' lifestyle have impoverished me to the point where I need to work holidays I dont really give a damn about.
    Im spending the rest of the day playing games though

So Ive got xmas day night and boxing day for getting trollied though if anything is on
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I am not working Christmas Day, I would if they offered me quadruple time for it (which is the deal if I work Christmas Day) but alas, the management aren't going to dish that out willy nilly. Mmmm, £50+ an hour
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well they better pay you extra for Christmas day or I'm going to go to Guildford with my laptop and have a heart attack and play Civ 4 during your shift with you. I think in my case Boxing Day will be for family crap, but ooh... that means visiting my sister in Greenwich, so I'm sure I culd excuse myself for a few down t'pub if any of you can make it. Although that could be a problem in your case since the trains to waterloo are being messed with quite badly (moreso than usual) around Xmas.

Comment

Alas, I am going to be in Hull until the day after Boxing Day...but I don't have anything planned over the new year...anyone up to much?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

no idea
            but living in London I think I have no choice but to go see the fireworks by t'river

Comment

Im working new years Lauren needs to check with her parents before I invite anyone to ensure we have crash space, but I dont imagine it will be all that exciting and you will have to pay for ticket + drinks

Im working at the pub on xmas, although I would have worked at the hospital if they wanted but my department is closed. Ive managed to wangle the rest of the day at my place on my own to play civ and nintendo ds. If youve got no better offers youre welcome around to play mp civ or something

I will try and find out what the transport situation is WRT waterloo + boxing day , I know they are doing works around woking but Im not sure they affect me critically

Comment

Oh, I'm not free Christmas day itself (I just meant if the hospital would've made you work on the cheap, then I'd have been outraged on your behalf), I'm going to be with family getting wasted smoking boatlands of illicit substances and watching Dr. Who. As it should be.

Comment

Oh by the way my phone only decided to send through your text to me this evening Snotty. You know, just because the club is called "Poly"Sexual I don't think that mens it'd necessarily have been for us

Comment

Third post in a row (this was inspired by the "bored" thread), ooh.

So, anyone available for random fun the next few days? I have a hankering for some multiplayer civ 4... or gamecube... or whatever.

Comment

sure, Im busy pretty much all day saturday but I managed to get the next two days off of work

Comment

What, after Saturday or after now?

Comment

you what?

Im busy working all day saturday, so I wont even have the slightest hangover on sunday

what about this friday? the other fatties working it or what?

Comment

Friday'd be good, yah. We could even pretend it's the New Year a day early (Okay not the best idea, probably)

Comment

sounds like a plan.

If you are fatally bored bored bored then All Im going to be doing on the morrow is plaing eve online, watching war of the worlds and maybe going on a futile drive to find the snow (like actual snow) (Lauren is on holiday you see)
                              Last edited by Snotty; December 28, 2005, 18:58.

Comment

Nah, not fatally bored, though I will be by Friday, so that'll do nicely. Could start off in the Penderal Oak or something like the good old days, if Rich and Anthony are available..?

Comment

Working...
                                X