Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Kinky

For Slow and other Texans

For others, Kinky Friedman is running for governor of Texas. It sure would be nice to see another independent nab high office.

Hasn't he talked about this for a while now?
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I read about this, in the last few days anyway.
      He's interesting, for sure.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What? I didn't know anyone knew Kinky Freedman anymore!

I even posted about a song of his in your Religious Music thread.

Last time I saw him was in a documentary about forgotten musicians. He was working at his aunt's dog asylum

I'd wish I was Texan, if only on election day Sloww, you know what to do
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

And I'll be listening to J.B. Lenoir on the way to the polls.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

there will never be a Jewish governor of Texas
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Comment

I'm kinda annoyed at the content of this thread.

More babes, less texans

Kinky Friedman
                Kinky Babes
                This thread
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  Why not? Even the Confederacy had a Jewish Secretary of State (Judah P. Benjamin)

Remember, anywhere there is government, there are jews!!! /Protocols of Zion

I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

Why not? Even the Confederacy had a Jewish Secretary of State (Judah P. Benjamin)

I am not informed as to exactly how the cabinet positions of the Confederacy worked...

was that an elected office?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Last I heard on Imus, Kinky was leading in the polls. He may be a Jew but he's a cowboy with an endorsement from Don Imus - the man who makes bestsellers out of authors

Comment

Also don't forget, it was once thought the USA wouldn't have a Catholic president.
                        Never use never or always, all or none. Sure guarantee that you'll be wrong.
                        Nothing is absolute. Well, except vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Also don't forget, it was once thought the USA wouldn't have a Catholic president.
                          Never use never or always, all or none. Sure guarantee that you'll be wrong.
                          Nothing is absolute. Well, except vodka.
                          Attached Files
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Comment

This thread is remarkably well-timed. About an hour ago, I was leaving a coffee shop to a bus stop downtown. And on the way, I ran into Kinky. He was standing outside some building, probably a hotel, talking with another guy. I talked with him about the race for a minute, and I brought up the Zogby Battleground Poll (taken from an online sample and is an unproven methodology, so has questionable realiability) which pegged him at 18% (and Bell, IIRC, at 27% with Perry at around 40%). He mentioned that a new Zogby poll was coming out that put him at 21%. And he gave me a business card, inviting me to come down to his ranch or give him a call. I'm not sure if I'd take him up on that offer (why the hell would I be in Medina, TX?), but he seemed like a decent guy, humble, etc.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X