Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill3000
    Take the Zerg, as an example.
    Rushing ability does not indicate intelligence.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

Rushing ability does not indicate intelligence.
      You know what I mean. The ability to have an overall sentient species without individuals able to be considered sentient by themselves. Or, something akin to the Planet in SMAC, but that is the same story - the fungi could not be considered sentient by itself, but the neural net as a whole would become sentient.
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
        You know what I mean. The ability to have an overall sentient species without individuals able to be considered sentient by themselves. Or, something akin to the Planet in SMAC, but that is the same story - the fungi could not be considered sentient by itself, but the neural net as a whole would become sentient.
        I don't consider the Zerg to be a different "form" of intelligence, at least as far as comprehension goes. Any human would recognize the Overmind and Cerebrates, at the very least, as sentient; ordinary Zerg, because they are little more than organic weapons, would not be.

And I haven't played SMAC
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
        X