No announcement yet.

Microsoft, Apple, and the new Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again Apple tries to tell people what to do with the music they've already bought.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      t3h y3ll0w p3ril

(can I say that or can only l337 aZn say that like the N word with black people)?
      By the powers vested in me, I grant you immunity from persecution for the short term in using the phrase, t3h y3ll0w p3ril, or any such variants.

As far as Chink, Gook, and Jap go, I suppose I could toss in immunity for that. Combo #4 on the menu, Lunch Special! (No substitutions!)

===

As far as Apple. It offends me, it seriously does, that people look the other way when it does similar tactics to Microsoft.

I want to tell these people that Apple is a company, not a ****ing lifestyle.
      B♭3

Comment

As far as Chink, Gook, and Jap go, I suppose I could toss in immunity for that.

What about Nupe?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

By the powers vested in me, I grant you immunity from persecution for the short term in using the phrase, t3h y3ll0w p3ril, or any such variants.

As far as Chink, Gook, and Jap go, I suppose I could toss in immunity for that. Combo #4 on the menu, Lunch Special! (No substitutions!)

===

As far as Apple. It offends me, it seriously does, that people look the other way when it does similar tactics to Microsoft.

I want to tell these people that Apple is a company, not a ****ing lifestyle.
          The "Apple lifestyle" seems to be facing growing competition from the "Google lifestyle".

Comment

With Google, it's not a lifestyle, it's a philosophy.

===

In all actuality, yes, Google's trying to do a similar thing with branding. However, the reason I can forgive Google a bit more (not that much more, mind you) is that rather than selling on style, consumerism with disposable electronics, and a cult of mac "experience", Google at least tries to sell on technology.

This is not to say that Apple doesn't occasionally push boundaries with technology; it does, but you'd never know it from the way they advertise and market.
            B♭3

Comment

The reason you can forgive Google is because its a cultish lifestyle you fit in to.

Comment

Actually, not as much as you'd think. Like I said, Google tends to market more on substance, less on style. It's something that I appreciate, since style is flash-in-the-pan; what's hip and in this year may not be the mode in a year, while technology is a progressive movement, and advances are forever.

That said, a lot of what Google's come up with recently... less than enthused about. Google Talk, Reader, and Base, for instance, or even the OpenOffice crud... doesn't matter to me.
                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                X