Radeon X1300 vs Geforce 6600GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon X1300 vs Geforce 6600GT

I know the 7600 series cards are due out at the end of this month, which is when I'm building my new pc anyway, but how do these chipsets fare against each other?
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

The Geforce
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I'll bump the thread until Asher comes along and gives you the definitive....;O)

Comment

dunno anything about the ATI lineup

you hear about what happened with civ4?

stick with nvidia

they make a better product, no question about it
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, agreed, ATI always seem to be playing catch-up, my logic was if the X1300 supercedes in terms of performance the X850 (like the Geforce 6600 was better than the FX5950) then it might have been worth the £80.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Sava, agreed, ATI always seem to be playing catch-up
            Not really, they were miles ahead with the 9000 series, but Nvidia caught up again with their 6000 series. Don't know those new cards well enough (way over my budget anyway), but if I had to put my money on one of them I'd put it on Nvidia.

The Civ4 problems only apply to older cards, for anything newer than 9700 there's no issue (as long as you have updated drivers and DirectX).
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
              Sava, agreed, ATI always seem to be playing catch-up, my logic was if the X1300 supercedes in terms of performance the X850 (like the Geforce 6600 was better than the FX5950) then it might have been worth the £80.

I don't think that ATI is playing catch up.

I don't doubt that ATI cards are good products. I just happen to think nvidia is better.

It's like athlon versus intel...

intel is good, but athlon is better...

same thing with nvidia...

ATI is good in its own right, but nvidia is better

and usually, nvidia has a better cost versus performance ratio...

I paid $350 (after rebate) for my geforce 6800 ultra 256 meg card... (from a local global computer outlet store... a tigerdirect company)... it is an absolutely amazing piece of hardware... I play every game on 1600x1200 on highest settings and max antialiasing and anisotropic filtering and I get awesome frames per second... (my other hardware is athlon 64 3500+ with 1 gig DDR400) and it looks beautiful on my 20.1 inch viewsonic LCD

the ATI equivalent to my card is around $500... there is no question which is the better buy!

from reading the latest literature on gaming hardware, ATI usually has the edge in performance, but this is with the super high end cards that are like more than $500... and usually, this is only for an extra 5-10 frames per second in games over the nvidia equivalent that is around $100 cheaper...

I've bought both brands... I've had bad experiences with ATI (although those were older cards) and good experiences with nvidia...

my 2 cents
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X