Shoe advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe advice

I need some shoe advice. MOst know i work in surgery My problemn is i have to stand for like 6 to 7 hours of an 8 hour day or longer if i am on call. When not working i prefer to be barefoot, but i cant do that at work. I need to know if any co makes a good standing shoe. I have already spent 200 dollars on the shoes advertised for nurses and they all suck. I have seen tennis shoes advertised for running and jogging and or soccer or basketball. Is there such an athetlic shoe for standing?? My feet will apprecieate any advice
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Kitchen clogs with wooden soles. Uncomfortable beyond beliefe for the first 2 weeks, excellent for support and posture beyond that

err maybe that only applies when you're walking around all day, rather than standing.

Comment

I like hiking boots

when I worked nights I use to wear Red Wing steel toed, and they weren't bad, and I was on my feet for 12+ hours a day then
      Monkey!!!

Comment

All the nurses in my recent trip to the hospital () were wearing ordinary leather trainers. Adidas Samba, etc.

Comment

Army boots
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I have 3 new pairs of like sports shoes. NIke low tops for track they hurt, reebok hitop the classics they are ok but hurt to. I cant say as i have any steel toes, but i have soe hiking boots. They are comfy when i am dancing never tried them at work since i wear scrubs after i get there its a thought. Never heard of a kitche clog. The shoes they have out there for nurses are called clogs excpet they arent wood soles but hard rubber. I tell ya after standing its gotten so bad after i sit down it is actually painful in my feet to walk.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Maybe the Nike Free is something for you: http://www.nike.com/nikefree/

Comment

when i mashed my knee and was in recovery from it - the physio-therapists had some good info on what type of shoes i should wear to help recover best, as you are in a hospital try asking them? Also when standing for long hours it helps if you rock a little(heel to toe) to aid circualtion, which helps stop some of the discomfort.
                I'm surprised the soft sports type shoes arent that comfy.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I though all Texans either wore boots or went barefoot?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Sounds like you should wear walking socks with your shoes. Texan nurses wear (the) trousers (in the hospital) don't they?

Comment

Vans, specifically the new Bucky Lasek model (the orange and white ones). I know you may think I'm crazy but they're probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Walking shoes. A type tennis shoe.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Birkenstock.
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Sounds like a German sausage dish.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Walking shoes.
                              That's what I'd recommend too.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X