No announcement yet.

U.S. Senate goes into closed session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not how Washington works. If Bush had done any of that then there would be intelligence folks lining up outside the Washington Post to tell tales.
    Last edited by DanS; November 1, 2005, 18:51.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      I consider it unpatriotic . . . . . .
      Oh, look, this creative knee-jerk line again.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        Oh, look, this creative knee-jerk line again.
        You know, I see it as a knee-jerk reaction from the lefties on this board FAR more often than from the right-wingers...

Comment

I consider it unpatriotic
          Yes, you would .

If that's unpatriotic, then I'll wear the word like a badge of honor.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Some of you guys must have problems reading whole sentences.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Because somehow the rest of the sentance excuses the travesty that is the first part of it?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

It's a travesty to call anything unpatriotic?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  It's a travesty to call anything unpatriotic?
                  It's a travesty to call questioning whether intelligence fed to the government wasn't cooked unpatriotic no matter WHO appointed the men who came up with the intelligence.

It's a travesty to call men who serve in the US CONGRESS unpatriotic! Why would they be there if they were unpatriotic?

Comment

It's a travesty to call Senatorial dissent unpatriotic.

Edit: And what he said. ^^^
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Filibuster to hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        It's a travesty to call men who serve in the US CONGRESS unpatriotic! Why would they be there if they were unpatriotic?
                        Power and influence?

Comment

As it turns out, the CIA was incompetent on this issue as they briefed the senators about slam dunks and the like, but the import of what some democratic senators are insinuating is that the CIA lied to them, even though the senators have no evidence to that effect. It's not what the senators are saying, but that's the import of what they are saying.

To me, it's like accusing the analysts of the CIA of being traitors, when earnest incompetence appears to be the correct answer, but traitorous actions would be advantageous to you in an election year. I consider that unpatriotic -- a bad piece of business.
                          Last edited by DanS; November 1, 2005, 19:38.

Comment

Nice to see the Democrats finally having the balls to stand up to these guys
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                              What I want to know personally is did the adminstration selectively used intel to fix the facts around their policy and did Bush and his adminstration just flat out lie to the public in some cases.

Flash is 100% correct about what's going on

The public and the Senate supported this war based on facts that were outright fixed and lied about.

Powell has since called the speech he made to the UN the most embarassing of his life. His Chief of Staff has come out and criticized the White House for what they did.

The crap about the yellow cake in Nigeria turned out to be a false rumor after Plume's husband went to investigate it.

When he came back, his wife was suddenly outted as a CIA agent.

That crap not only compromises the security of her, it compromises the entire CIA, along with the whole intelligence community, not to mention the United States of America

A serious line was crossed when that happened. Too many serious lines were crossed.

You want to talk about underhanded activities DanS????

Outting a CIA agent for revenge is no big deal to you but enacting a lawful proceeding you have a problem with???? WHat kind of ****ed up priorities are THOSE???
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As it turns out, the CIA was incompetent on this issue as they briefed the senators about slam dunks and the like, but the import of what some democratic senators are insinuating is that the CIA lied to them, even though the senators have no evidence to that effect. It's not what the senators are saying, but that's the import of what they are saying.
                                But there is evidence to that effect. At least enough to begin an inquiry, which was begun. The problem now is that the inquiry isn't doing its job, and the majority (the Republicans) seem to be ignoring this. I'm glad that we have people in government ready to challenge this. This war is no small matter. If there were mistakes made, they should be rooted out and identified. If wrongdoings were done, those people should be identified and punished. This isn't China. We shouldn't ignore these things because it might make powerful people look bad or cause controversy.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X