Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious Blast Rattles Israel

This is no joke.

I was outdoors around 2 AM (1 AM GMT currently) and there was a huge lasting tremmor and a really loud sound, as if a humongous metal object was dragged accross the pavement.

Thing is... this was felt and overheard ACROSS THE ENTIRE COAST OF ISRAEL!!!

Mysterious blasts rattle Israelis

Dozens of readers tell Ynet about loud ‘explosions’ heard overnight. Police: Likely sonic booms created by Air Force planes. Army: It wasn’t us
    Ynet reporters

Late-night mystery: Dozens of readers from across Israel told Ynet about unusually loud “explosions” and tremors throughout the night, but attempts to shed light on the source of the blasts has been met with uncertainty.

At least one possibility has been discounted, with the country’s seismological institute saying no earthquake occurred.

Police officials estimated the loud sounds were a result of sonic booms created by IDF fighter jets on their way to attacking Gaza, but the army insisted there was no unusual Air Force activity across the country overnight.

Central Police District Spokesman Yigal Haddad said police received numerous calls overnight from concerned citizens reporting explosions.

“The residents reported explosions heard from Netanya (north of Tel Aviv) to Rishon Lezion (south of Tel Aviv.) Many residents said the explosions came from the direction of the sea,” he said. “Police personnel who heard the blasts themselves said they sounded like sonic booms. We still don’t know what caused the explosions. We had similar reports during the week.”

Meanwhile, police in Haifa also received calls regarding a possible earthquake, but no damages were reported.

The nighttime explosions have apparently become a routine occurrence throughout the Sharon region, north of Tel Aviv. In recent nights there have been other reported about blasts heard in the town of Herzliya, but the source of them is unclear.

“It was a scary blast. The windows shook and we felt the entire house shake,” a resident of Kadima told Ynet. “The first thing that came to mind was a terror attack…we weren’t able to figure out what cause the first blast, and minutes later a second blast followed.”

A Herzliya resident who returned home at 2 a.m. also reported a loud explosion.

“A huge sound rocked the area…I thought it may be the influence of the alcohol, but then several car alarms were activated and dogs were barking in fright. I guess that’s what they feel in Gaza and Lebanon when we create sonic booms,” he said.

Yevgeny Sherman from Haifa told Ynet the blast was so powerful it knocked his door out. Sherman said he thought an earthquake was behind the unusual occurrence.

“It wasn’t like an explosion, but rather, the entire building shook,” he said.

Raanan Ben-Zur, Anat Shalev, Avi Cohen, Efrat Weiss, Hanan Greenberg, and Ahiya Raved contributed to the report

Wow...

The end days are near....
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It's the rapture.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Godzilla?
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Ming must be behind this, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            Ming must be behind this, surely.
            Nahhhh... my powers are puny and can't reach that far
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

UFOs?
              Blah

Comment

Too much curry. Stick to kosher food.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the trumpet blast announcing Armageddon. Has the UN taken over yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    I'm pretty sure it was the trumpet blast announcing Armageddon. Has the UN taken over yet?
                    I almost ruined my laptop with milk laughing so hard
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

"I DREAMED I SAW THE REBBE LAST NIGHT
                      Words by Bob Krebs
                      Music by Earl Robinson

I dreamed I saw the REBBE last night, alive as you and me,
                      Says I but REBBE they say you're dead,
                      I never died says he, I never died says he.
                      My resurrection is a spiritual one, that's what the REBBE said,
                      Continue to live a righteous life,
                      And to you i'll never be dead, and to you i'll never be dead.
                      Study Torah, do good deeds, and give to charity,
                      Spread the word of what i've said,
                      And the MOSHIACH you will see, and the MOSHIACH you will see.
                      A world of peace is now at hand, I heard the REBBE say,
                      Justice now for all mankind,
                      Do a mitzvah everyday, do a mitzvah everyday
                      And standing there as big as life, and smiling with his eyes,
                      Pray for peace the REBBE said,
                      This you will realize, this you will realize.
                      The Mitzvah Tanks must continue to roll, to spread the Holy Word,
                      Light your candles every Shabbat night,
                      That's what in my dream I heard, that's what in my dream I heard.
                      I dreamed I saw the REBBE last night, alive as you and me,
                      Says I but REBBE they say you're dead,
                      I never died says he, I never died says he.

Copyright 1999 By Bob Krebs

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

the original lyrics to Joe Hill

dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night,
                        Alive as you or me
                        Says I, "But Joe, you're ten years dead,"
                        "I never died," says he
                        "I never died," says he

"In Salt Lake, Joe," says I to him,
                        Him standing by my bed,
                        "They framed you on a murder charge,"
                        Says Joe, "But I ain't dead,"
                        Says Joe, "But I ain't dead."

"The copper bosses killed you, Joe,
                        They shot you, Joe," says I.
                        "Takes more than guns to kill a man,"
                        Says Joe, "I didn't die,"
                        Says Joe, "I didn't die."

And standing there as big as life
                        And smiling with his eyes
                        Joe says, "What they forgot to kill
                        Went on to organize,
                        Went on to organize."

"Joe Hill ain't dead," he says to me,
                        "Joe Hill ain't never died.
                        Where working men are out on strike
                        Joe Hill is at their side,
                        Joe Hill is at their side."

"From San Diego up to Maine,
                        In every mine and mill,
                        Where workers strike and organize,"
                        Says he, "You'll find Joe Hill,"
                        Says he, "You'll find Joe Hill."

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night,
                        Alive as you or me
                        Says I, "But Joe, you're ten years dead,"
                        "I never died," says he
                        "I never died," says he
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Joe Hill
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I didnt hear a thing.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Maybe it was the Iranians testing their nuclear capabilities...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X