A true symbol of modern America found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyclotron
    There were previous films? Oh, I've been away too long.
    And like 7 books, all best sellers. I think my dad was into reading the books.

I want to see the movies at some point, they sound interesting.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Oh, I remember the books. It was the film phenomenon I was entirely unaware of. For some reason, this kind of fare just isn't as popular in Austria...
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

The movies (as far as I'm aware) haven't garnered as much attention as the books. Straight to video as mentioned earlier. They'll probably pick up steam though.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'll be honest. I really enjoyed reading the series. I'd probably rent the videos if I'm ever arsed enough to bother for them.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: A true symbol of modern America found?

Originally posted by Aivo½so

What's your opinion of this? Did you (if American) go to your local church to see this movie?
            Guess.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              I'll be honest. I really enjoyed reading the series. I'd probably rent the videos if I'm ever arsed enough to bother for them.

I picked up the first book, not knowing what it was but thinking that it had an interesting premise. I had to put it down halfway through because I just couldn't stand the constant OMG I CHEATED ON MY WIFE BY WANTING TO HAVE SEX WITH THE STEWARD!!!!!!11111

Comment

Later books in the series have him giving it a rest.

Somewhat, anyway...

Comment

A quarter-century ago, my parents were into that sort of movies. Then I was born, and they had no further need for fake scares.

American Christianity always strikes me as weird. We should convert them to Laestadianism or some other sensible sect.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Flying Spagetti Monsterism
                    Invisible Pink Unicornism
                    Ted Strikerism

Comment

I love how the pope is "abducted", but just because he started to preach protestant stuff! otherwise he would be left behind.
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                      X