X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US deaths in Iraq pass 2000

what can you say?

Anyone got a figure for total wounded?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

what can you say?
    Get them the f*ck home
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Wounded would probobly be a very hard figure to come up with. Some people think you have to be shot, some think if you get a papercut you get a PH.

There was a thread that had a pretty good breakdown of the dead (combat/non combat) as well as wounded brokedn down by severity of wound, even far enough to "returned to duty in 2 days."
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Given how effective combat medicine is now, the number of injured is certainly several times the number of killed.

Here is the list:

If I understand correctly, the total number of wounded , all kinds, have been around 15,000.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

thats a very low death to wound ratio
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well, wouldn't that be the result of much improved procedures in getting the wounded to safety and treated?

Comment

I still remember being laughed at like I was a crazy loon predicting there would be even a thousand US military deaths...

Though I was proved wrong - the # of deaths is actually at a far greater rate than I predicted...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

AH:

IIRC you are / were in the military.
                Do you really think that smiley is appropriate?
                Old posters never die.
                They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                  AH:

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The actual number of service men killed is several dozen higher. The administration started a policy to not count wounded soldiers who were medi-vacked out of Iraq (normally to Germany, Qatar, or Baharain) and who later died of their wounds.
                    Last edited by Dinner; October 25, 2005, 22:43.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                      AH:

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        The actual number of service men killed is several dozen higher. The administration started a policy to not count wounded soldiers who were medi-vacked out of Iraq (normally to Germany, Qatar, or Baharain) and who later died of their wounds.
                        Any statistics on those deaths?

Comment

There are no casualties -- we won the war a couple years ago, when Bush hopped and skipped onto an aircraft carrier, gushing about how we won.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Dont want to sound insensitive, or pro-bush, but 2000 isnt a very big number, considering the population of the usa, the time you have been in iraq, and all the soldiers that have gone to iraq, and returned.
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

I was expecting more. And I am a "Bush fan boy."
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X