Booking to Flight to the UK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking to Flight to the UK...

So I'm booking a flight to London for the 1st of 2006 and I'm looking for the best deal one-way. I'm studying abroad at Oxford for a semester, but I'm not sure when I'll be back/if I'll want to travel afterwards, so I figured one-way was the best to go. I went on Orbitz and found a Virgin $234 flight that lands at Heathrow. Good deal? Any recommendations on other avenues to go?

Also, which airport should I go to? I keep hearing bad, bad things about Heathrow and that I should go to City Airport (or whatever the other one's called) instead.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Re: Booking to Flight to the UK...

Originally posted by Mao

Also, which airport should I go to? I keep hearing bad, bad things about Heathrow and that I should go to City Airport (or whatever the other one's called) instead.

Heathrow has an underground line and a rail line connection to Central London.

What bad things exactly are you hearing about it ?

I think it unlikely you mean City Airport, since that's a small airport in London's Docklands.

I suspect you may mean Luton, Gatwick or Stansted as alternatives.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Is this from China?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Nope, I'm going back to Boston first, then to London. But yeah, are the other airports better/less confusing/easier to get around through?
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ok, that explains why it is so cheap.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Heathrow isn't that bad to navigate, its just very busy. Stansted is pretty small and mostly for European flights. I find Gatwick convenient, but only because its a lot closer to where I live.

All have reasonable direct rail links into central London.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Theres not anything wrong with Heathrow in my experience. Its also closer into London so will probably require less train changes to get to Oxford
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Besides, if you're flying in from the US, you wouldn't be able to get a flight to City anyway (I believe). It's domestic or short (Europe)...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X