Rape victim: 'Morning after' pill denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by monolith94
    This thread is truly bilious. Reading the vapid and amoral arguments of those who would oppose the availability of this drug is appaling.
    I thought this tripe was commonplace in your country. Are you an expat, or an hermit?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Pat I said the drs cant do those surgeries because of hospital bull. The drs have not decided to not do them they take the patients to another hospital. This particular hospital as i said earlier is required by a board of ethics to not with hold the morning after pill by law. This means they must abide by the administration of this drug. I dont know what your readin when i post but its not what I am saying. I am in no way helping you since you are not reading what i am saying, unless you count, as some others have said, that i called you a man reading then i dont know what else to say.
      Thanks for the info sikander on the pharamcists i didnt think they took any oath. And I wasnt aware than some pharamcists are not PHDs I guess All the ones I have run across just happen to be.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Most pharmacies in Britain tend to have one PhD "boss pharmacist", but obviously they can' t be there all the time, and so most people aren't served by a pharmacist with a PhD. However, what the difference is between being advised by someone with a Ph(u)D, or one who's just studying for one, or somkeone who merely has a degree in pharmacy, I'm afraid I don't know enough to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
          Most pharmacies in Britain tend to have one PhD "boss pharmacist", but obviously they can' t be there all the time, and so most people aren't served by a pharmacist with a PhD. However, what the difference is between being advised by someone with a Ph(u)D, or one who's just studying for one, or somkeone who merely has a degree in pharmacy, I'm afraid I don't know enough to tell.
          Somehow I would prefer to be served by an ignorant trainee instead of a person that says he/she can't give me my medicine because his religious belief wont allow it.

It may be true that Pharmacists is a second defence agaisnt wrong treatment of the doc, but I really don't think that religious reasons is considered in this.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Does the Hippocratic Oath allow them to refuse medicine on the grounds of religious belief?
            Or do pharmacists not have to bother with that "ethical bull****"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

I thought this tripe was commonplace in your country. Are you an expat, or an hermit?
              Actually, I'm safely nestled inside a liberal arts college. I guess that falls under hermit.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

Does the Hippocratic Oath allow them to refuse medicine on the grounds of religious belief?
                Or do pharmacists not have to bother with that "ethical bull****"?
                I think tat only docs is bothered by the hippo oath - farmaceuts isn't. - at leats in us they are only in it for the money - who cares about healt - "I earn more on nonessential drugs and noone shall ever force me to do otherwise- I'ts my constitutional right".
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I guess that falls under ****wit.

Comment

• Listen, I understand you are angry with me for pwning you in whatever thread it was (honestly, while you seem to have a complex about it, it obviously wasn't important enough for me to remember it let alone you) but if your sole purpose here is to utter insults and generally be a disagreeable guy, I will happily accept PMs.

You just pwned yourself..

When you somehow divine some right violated from the above statement, get back to me
                    So, you can't read.. Just as I thought

Live on your dreams & delusions Pat..

The only person against mandating dispensing Emergency Contraception with some solid, thoughtful reasons has been Sikander, while I may disagree with his reasoning - at least he is reasoning (i.e. consistency), from a largely Libetarian perspective, so I respect his opinion.
                    Well, when he tried to reason against my arguments it only turned out that US cant do what others can, and frankly speaking I guess he didn't even consider the fact that others can solve it, worth arguing over.

At least for me, he did not bring a sole serious, thought-out argument, the best being
                    And I was happy to avoid a long discussion about how / why things work well in some places (say in places with a long history of absolutist / totalitarian governance) and not so well in others (say in places with a reasonably lengthy history of democratically elected representative government and enumerated individual rights).
                    Which is dismissed by the fact Latvia is not the only country in the world solving such problems well (though it does not mean we don't have other probs).

Ignorance is best fought with ignorance, you know..
                    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• You just pwned yourself.
                      "No I'm not, you are!"

Are you, what, 4 years old?

So, you can't read.. Just as I thought
                      Just as I thought, you can't think of one

Well, when he tried to reason against my arguments
                      Simply spouting unwarranted personal attacks at me does not constitute an argument
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Most pharmacies in Britain tend to have one PhD "boss pharmacist", but obviously they can' t be there all the time, and so most people aren't served by a pharmacist with a PhD. However, what the difference is between being advised by someone with a Ph(u)D, or one who's just studying for one, or somkeone who merely has a degree in pharmacy, I'm afraid I don't know enough to tell.
                        No they don't. Most pharmacists have a B.Pharm coupled with the year-long registrational training from the RCP. There are very few Ph.D's in retail pharmacy- they almost invariably end up in industry.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                        X