No announcement yet.

Rape victim: 'Morning after' pill denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is truly bilious. Reading the vapid and amoral arguments of those who would oppose the availability of this drug is appaling.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

• A Nelson Catholic and general practitioner has told 50 female patients that for religious reasons he will no longer prescribe artificial contraception.
      Lol, this is hilarious!

And I also like how you have such problems in US and even defend the people who make them possible.
      Not that we have no problems here, but we admit them, not patriotically try to defend something which should be terminated with utmost vengeance.

I also like Sikanders point about abusing a law which would insist on pharmacies having to have that or other 1st need drug.

Latvia has the law buddy and we get along well. In fact most of Europe has the law in that or other way and still there have been no real scandals about someone pushing some drugs to be in pharmacies when there's no real need for them.

Also noone is complaining about taxpayers money get wasted that way. And we in Latvia have much less money, you know.
      I think you waste most of your taxpayers money in some other way which most of the other world hates or laughs at.

Patroklos, I speak Fluent Latvian, Russian and English and can understand written and spoked German, now you try to write a chunk of text in any foreign language without really thinking of gramatics or ortography.

This thread is truly bilious. Reading the vapid and amoral arguments of those who would oppose the availability of this drug is appaling.
      QFT
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Er, why would I have cared about birth control in the late 90s?
        Because it could have prevented your own future existence?

He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

The issue is that some pharmacies and pharmacists are exploiting an effective local monopoly to impose their religion on others. Even if that pharmacy isn't the only one, if all of them in town are owned by such people, the effect is the same.
          I agree, I'd just rather do it through persuasion / positive action rather than force.

Comment

• Mrs. Tubes,

Pharmacists don't take the oath (at least my gf didn't when she graduated). They aren't all Phds, a pharmacist typically goes through a 5 year course of undergraduate study. Those who do go on educationally become Pharm Ds.

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin
              I also like Sikanders point about abusing a law which would insist on pharmacies having to have that or other 1st need drug.

Latvia has the law buddy and we get along well. In fact most of Europe has the law in that or other way and still there have been no real scandals about someone pushing some drugs to be in pharmacies when there's no real need for them.

Also noone is complaining about taxpayers money get wasted that way. And we in Latvia have much less money, you know.
              I think you waste most of your taxpayers money in some other way which most of the other world hates or laughs at.
              I'm not suggesting that Latvia adopt our methods for doing things, nor the opposite. I'm sure you are all completely happy over there and have no problems whatever, other than your crappy history programs in higher education.

Comment

• I'm not suggesting that Latvia adopt our methods for doing things, nor the opposite. I'm sure you are all completely happy over there and have no problems whatever, other than your crappy history programs in higher education.
                You see, you just dismissed your own point by failing to put an argument for my contrargument to your '(..)it would allow all kinds of (..) and waste taxpayers money (..)'.

And sure, your method of proving that anyone else can do what US can't (which comes out logically from the approximate quote above) works very good and Im not even suggesting that you're wrong on this..

At least my program in humanly logic was better and the one in patriotism and 'blind defending of idiotism' was worse than yours..
                I am happy with it, you know!
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin

You see, you just dismissed your own point by failing to put an argument for my contrargument to your '(..)it would allow all kinds of (..) and waste taxpayers money (..)'.

And sure, your method of proving that anyone else can do what US can't (which comes out logically from the approximate quote above) works very good and Im not even suggesting that you're wrong on this..

At least my program in humanly logic was better and the one in patriotism and 'blind defending of idiotism' was worse than yours..
                  I am happy with it, you know!
                  And I was happy to avoid a long discussion about how / why things work well in some places (say in places with a long history of absolutist / totalitarian governance) and not so well in others (say in places with a reasonably lengthy history of democratically elected representative government and enumerated individual rights).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander
                    Because it could have prevented your own future existence?

I was born well before the late nineties, Sikander...

Comment

• And I was happy to avoid a long discussion about how / why things work well in some places (say in places with a long history of absolutist / totalitarian governance) and not so well in others (say in places with a reasonably lengthy history of democratically elected representative government and enumerated individual rights).
                      You now compared US to Latvia.
                      Why not do the same to US vs Sweden, France (hey, democracy was resurrected in this country!) or most other European countries.
                      I am not aware of how Canada has it, but probably you can add your northern neighbour to that list too.

And I am not pointing to the fact that you dismiss US being unable to preserve
                      enumerated individual rights
                      some of which are
                      1.Right to recieve proper medical treatment.
                      2.Right to decide when to give birth to child or not.

Or aren't those two rights listed in those
                      enumerated individual rights
                      ?

Or probably they are, but those people who execute their right of 'freedom of religious beliefs' have more right than the others, whose rights get violated by this single right?

Comment

• Hi, binTravkin! Hows the SMAC game(s) going.

Some of our posters forget that religious meddling in the US legal/political arena, with plenty of "sin" and "morality" laws, has a long tradition in the USA, going back to the first settlers and extending on to today. They also don't realize that while the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were ground breaking, maybe even world shattering, in their time, that today other countries have superceded the US on human rights. The EU and New Zealand both come to mind - I don't think the US posters want to be reminded of issues like you bring up, or the others which I won't mention unless someone else wants to start a threadjack.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• Calling her a bigot comes readily to mind.
                          God you are transparent. If she makes a biggoted comment, and then stands by it when given an out, what does that make her?

Is calling you a man name calling?

Third, The mentin of catholic hospitals doing this and that some is true and some isnt. The hospital that i currently work at still will not perform tubal ligations or vasectomies. They do however allow the lady to recieve the morning after pill. Most drs practicing cannnot refuse to treat a patient in emergent situations.
                          Thanks for the support Mrs. T. So Doctors can and do pick and choose the services they provide, and if they deem not to perscribe the MOP, they can. Especially since it is not an emergency.

[quoteMOst drs, act on a conscience decison what they feel is best for their patient.quote]

Are you sure you want to follow that line of reasoning?

About the hospital pharmacies, you learn something new everyday

whose rights get violated by this single right?
                          Perhaps when you show an example of this relevant to the thread, you can pretend to have a point. I will humor you, promise
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Perhaps when you show an example of this relevant to the thread, you can pretend to have a point.
                            Perhaps when your brain will evolve to the point that you can understand the meaning of written text, I will pretend your posts shouldn't be ignored.

I found a little piece of text for you to train on:
                            When she finally did find a pharmacy with it, she said she was told the pharmacist on duty would not dispense it because of religious and moral objections.
                            When you think you know what's written there, inform me and I'll say if you read correct.

Also, I'd advise you to not waste your time trying to raise postcount here - posts don't count in OT if you didn't know it.

I will humor you, promise
                            Your own posts are worth a good laugh , sometimes the topic is just too serious to laugh, though.

Hey, Shawn.
                            I just stated the obvious and really wondered noone did before..
                            The funny thing is that people who defend all this scheme are those who do it not without logical thought-out arguments, but rather insulting and attempts to view the other poster as laughable..

Comment

• Listen, I understand you are angry with me for pwning you in whatever thread it was (honestly, while you seem to have a complex about it, it obviously wasn't important enough for me to remember it let alone you) but if your sole purpose here is to utter insults and generally be a disagreeable guy, I will happily accept PMs.

And you can even curse in those

When she finally did find a pharmacy with it, she said she was told the pharmacist on duty would not dispense it because of religious and moral objections.
                              When you somehow divine some right violated from the above statement, get back to me
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• binTravkin - go read my post a couple of pages back examining the rape statistics (and incidence of diabetes) for a small town (as per Patroklos chosen example). It has now been conveniently ignored, though Kuciwalker tried very hard to hold them accountable for ignoring it. Oerdin didn't bother (I think because he knows better) but gave me the thumbs up. At least Imran was smart enough to just gloss by it. The only person against mandating dispensing Emergency Contraception with some solid, thoughtful reasons has been Sikander, while I may disagree with his reasoning - at least he is reasoning (i.e. consistency), from a largely Libetarian perspective, so I respect his opinion.
                                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X