Rape victim: 'Morning after' pill denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    But you evaded my question. Embryo = fertilised egg?
    Ooooh, word association? inane

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
      You may be (but not consistantly), but Oerdin sure as hell isn't.

And is it not a good idea to understand the situation now before changing it?
      I'm stating that in the State of California this law already is on the books and works well. I am further stating that the law should be extended to the rest of the country.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

And forcing a Catholic to act against their conscience is not 'forcing your beliefs on someone?'
        There is no force involved. All the law states is that if you want to work in that job field then these are the requirements. If someone doesn't think they can perform the legal requirements of a job then they shouldn't work in that job. Should they?

Comment

• If someone doesn't think they can perform the legal requirements of a job then they shouldn't work in that job. Should they?
          If every three years or so a causists find something else why want to force everyone to do, yes.

And your new law is unconstitutional.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• And your new law is unconstitutional.

Tell that to SCOTUS. I doubt they'd agree...

Comment

• Ben:

Fertilization is when the egg meets the sperm.

The fertilized egg does not become an embryo until after implantation, around 4 days after fertilization.

Pregnancy is the state that the WOMAN experiences--thus, pregnancy does not begin until the fertilized egg (zygote) implants into the uterus.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Timexwatch
                Pardon me if I destroy the flow of the thread, but has anyone here been in a relationship where they needed this? I have, and I bet if any one of these pharmacists got into a similar situation, they'd much rather have the option of this than having a loved one get a surgical abortion.
                I have used morning-after pills twice.

Precisely because I didn't want my girlfriend to undergo the stress of an abortion.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Just for patsolokosl didnt run away guy, I happen to have a job and i went to bed. Sleep was a bit more important then listening to you call people names and ramble on about femflames what ever the hell that means, and **** that has nothing really to do with said topic . I dont give a rats ass what you think of me. I made valid statements you dont agree with big whoop, now there is a surprise. I have not denied a dam thing here. Nor will I apologize for not ****ing agreeing with you. I stand by what i say. I havent bothered to read the two pages that turned up since gee I dont know, oh yeah i have been at work and with my kids.
                  Back on the subject, Pharmacies that are part of a hospital do not fill perscriptins for patients that are leaving. Those are left to the public sector with folks that cant use relegion excuses to not dispense a drug written on a script. I think i have said this over and over again and this is it, no more. I do get tired of repeating myself.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Now days doctors dont have a lot of relegious choices in treating patients. even catholic hospitals are giving the mop to rape victims since there is no pregnacy existing at the moment. I know I work for one part time. for the SANE program for those that dont know its the sexual assault nurse examiners. But Ill take pats word of knowledge onthis situation since he does this for a living
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                      Fertilization is when the egg meets the sperm.

The fertilized egg does not become an embryo until after implantation, around 4 days after fertilization.
                      THE FERTILIZED EGG IS A BABY!

WHEN THE FERTILIZED EGG DOESN'T IMPLEMENT, FOR NATURAL REASONS, IT'S GOD'S WAY OF KILLING YOUR BABY!

YOU SINNER!
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Excellent, so Miss T stands by here biggoted comment. Good for you!

I don't remember calling you and names either, and since you stand by your comments if I did they are now perfectly accurate.

And nothing you just said has any relevance to anything I said. Your only point was that we are men and our opinion doesn't matter on this topic, care to revise?
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

If every three years or so a causists find something else why want to force everyone to do, yes.

And your new law is unconstitutional.
                          Patroklos thinks he knows more then the courts!

Comment

I don't remember calling you and names either,
                            The rest of us remember you doing it.

Comment

• Sure as hell know more about it than California's, but then again what did the state do to this guy again Oerdin...

Comment

• The rest of us remember you doing it.
                                Interesting, if you can find one instance in this thread where I called her a name I will give you a cookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X