Asian vs Black riots in Birmingham following rape, one killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian vs Black riots in Birmingham following rape, one killed

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Let's hope this is an isolated incident.

Police and community leaders in Birmingham have appealed for calm after a man was stabbed to death in disturbances in the Lozells area.

Three other people were stabbed, and a police officer was hit in the leg with a ball bearing fired from a gun.

The violence on Saturday is thought to have involved rival groups of youths.

It was reportedly linked to tensions in the past week over the alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old-girl although no offence has been reported.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Asian vs Blacks, eh.

The race(s) of the rioters isn't mentioned in the article which says

"The confrontation between rioters and police began on Saturday evening and saw cars burned, property damaged, missiles thrown and groups of people wearing masks , or covering their faces with hoods."
    Golfing since 67

Comment

It was aimed at Asians, though on the BBC this morning the rioters were described as being made up of black and white people.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Asian vs Black riots in Birmingham following rape, one killed

Originally posted by Park Avenue

Let's hope this is an isolated incident.
        I dunno, couldn't 'your lot' do with more incidents like this to spread their fear and hatred?

Comment

Let's face it. Nearly all multicultural societies are going to have periodic incidents like this until everyone interbreeds a la the Normans and the Saxons.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Afro-Caribbean and Asian

Comment

Birmingham in England or Alabama?
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ozzy
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

BIRMINGHAM, England

Comment

What self respecting Alabamian of any race would shoot BALL BEARINGS!

Only wussy English people would think of such a thing.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

This is what happens when you have gun control. People have to resort to using 18th century flintlock pistols to defend themselves.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Only one person was killed. If this riot had happened in Texas everyone would have been armed and it would have been carnage.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If this was Texas, the 14 year old girl would have shot the guy before anything happened and the problem would end there.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I think PA is hoping for many more incidents of this type.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hmmm...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X