Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you Israelis Think about the Movie "Walk on Water"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you Israelis Think about the Movie "Walk on Water"?

Well, from a cinematic perspective I found the movie a little boring and a little patronizing. The whole social commentary thing got kinda old, I guess most of that is from my expectations, I was expecting to see more of a movie and not a social commentary on life and taboos in Israel.

I thought most of the characters were very likable, however.

The whole scene with the brother and sister singing I think was where it lost me, I was expecting something darker, the film had sortof a whole Disney feel to it.

What Axel did at the end didn't fit in with his character at all, and that may have been the point, but I found it to be a rathar annoying end after all the social commentary that had led up to that moment the whole freakin movie.

Also those skinheads who were gay bashing looked more like Finns than Germans.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

PS Somebody should pay to get these boys some better drawas than this:
    Attached Files
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted's racism
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Haven't seen it.

There have been plenty of good Israeli movies in the last years.

But the Lemon Popsicle is still the best one.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

haven't seen it actually.

Reviews in Israel liked it to a point, but said that it too brightly colored and is too simplistic - perhaps even intentionally. It was written and directed by mediocre Israeli creators, and I assume that is a mediocre film.

Comment

So basically what you say is that if some movie critic says that, it's the absolute truth?

You are the easy one.. you will follow when I take over.. MUHAHAHA! In fact, you can guard Az.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Ted's racism
              Suomi gay bashers

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                haven't seen it actually.

Reviews in Israel liked it to a point, but said that it too brightly colored and is too simplistic - perhaps even intentionally. It was written and directed by mediocre Israeli creators, and I assume that is a mediocre film.
                That pretty much sums up how I felt about it.

Comment

Working...
                X