Pictures of Washington, DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmitchell
    Grandpa Troll it's ok...a couple of years ago the Camden City Attorney was caught smoking crack in his office...

The night before the Parade, our congresspeople hosted a reception for us in one of the office buildings. From left to right, are: A man representing Senator Mark Pryor (who IIRC was in some kind of weather delay), AR 4th dist. congressman Mike Ross, and Senator Blanche Lincoln. The hoeurs d'ouerves (has to be spelled wrong in some way) were great.

I wonder how many receptions in DC are jointly sponsored by Lockheed Martin and Wal-Mart. In case you guys didn't know, in addition to other support, Lockheed Martin gave $10,000 for the trip, which was the largest single donation, and about 1/7 of the entire cost.

The entire community supported us, which was really great. Businesses, schools, individuals all gave money, volunteer work, and support for the effort. A lot goes into taking ~150 people to DC for a week.
    Compared to a lot of other companies, Lockheed and Wal-Mart arer stingy in political contributions. The liquor industy sponsors far more events.

Even then, I can't believe that it cost $70k to go to DC for the inauguration for a week.
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Sorry Mr Mitchell, I didnt mean to thread jack, I thought this was just pictures of a D C in general..I apologize..will remove if you so desire
      It's ok, all pictures of DC are welcome

Even then, I can't believe that it cost $70k to go to DC for the inauguration for a week.
      Well...

3 chartered buses
      Tour of the Capitol
      Smithsonian
      National Air & Space Museum (didnt get there in time to go to that one)
      Food for the whole time in DC
      Hotel rooms
      Arlington National Cemetery
      Tickets for actual inauguration ceremony for chaperones

Times 150 people

Thanks to everyone who helped, this unforgettable experience was possible for every band student...

Another neat thing: the Gettysburg Address and Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address are inscribed on the inside walls of the Lincoln Memorial.
      Attached Files
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Glad you got to see America's Heritage

so..tell me what was the reason you attended?

selected to be part of the affairs?

or as a guest

just curious as it seems pretty cool for a young person to be involved in this
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
        X