No announcement yet.

Have you ever thought about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duke, that's true. Thanks for the correction..

You know about music and time, when we here the echo, what if the echo was there first and the original source was after the echo. But the echo doesn't know it's being labeled as echo, so would we change their names with each other, or just keep using the same words but change the meaning?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Aha! Semantics!
      Echo is the sound of reflected noise, by definition.
      Of course, the definition is not based on anything whatsoever, it's merely the label we give to something. So the original noise could well be labelled echo, as you suggest, and then the reflection (echo) can equally be named noise. It doesn't affect what they are in any terms whatsoever, just our naming of them.

Comment

right, but if they had feelings, I wonder if they would mind because the word echo clearly points to something that came later, originating from original something.

If this was false, it would be bad for echo. They would get pissed off.

This was, IF they had feelings. But why do we have to think they must have feeligns in order to DO THE RIGHT THING?

It's not all FACTS but just something to consider ... I think we at least need to investigate this more. Maybe EU could fund it.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Apply for funding! You'll probably get it.

Comment

Yes but the title has to be better than "do the sounds have feelings?"
            In da butt.

Comment

How's about: "Emotional responses through horizontal particle wave fields"?

That would at least confuse them into thinking you were doing the tests on humans., and perhaps guarantee you funding. You might have to make the outline a bit sketchy though, so as not to give the game away.

Comment

Hey that title is actually very cool It does seem legit and if you really think about it and read it, it doesn't give it way too much.. sounds legit

Of course we would have to establish some kind of connection, communication with the sounds.. how do we do that, that's the first mission. Establish the connection with the sounds. I feel this might take at least a year, since we humans are not equipped to recieve their communication so we need to learn this first.
                In da butt.

Comment

Call it "A Study on the Sustainability of the Performance of Reverse Sonic Impulses on Cognitive Crop Digestments"

The "crop" in the title is for CAP funding.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Hey that title is actually very cool It does seem legit and if you really think about it and read it, it doesn't give it way too much.. sounds legit
                    That's why I volunteered to write press releases/advertising bumpf for the polycon.

Even though I can't attend

Comment

ahh so much nice suggestions!

Maybe we should do them both, if the other one fails.

And when the first study is done and published, maybe we can 'make sure' and do it again with the other title? There's no funding like double funding!
                      In da butt.

Comment

You must know how the EU works really well Pekka.

Comment

yes and that's why we must destroy it.

Anyway, I'm getting sleepy. I think I'll put on some southparks and fall asleep. I find this a nice way to go into the dreamland, or what I call The Second Reality, and it's fun because you get to do those tired laughs, when your eyes go open and shut, open and shut,, getting heavy.. then there's outrageously hilarious joke and you go tired laugh and it's funny and then you just fall asleep.. I like to go asleep with the last thing done is laugh.

I feel laugh is more powerful than love. Because laugh exists, love doesn't. But I WILL BE EMBASSADOR! So many things to do! All these projects with EU funding.. all these things!

It's great to know they're already done since we're going backwards.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                          X