Is This Right or Wrong?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of you is right I'm not sure which one

I never itemize anything because it's always less than the standard deduction
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Unpaid job expenses can be deducted, so even if the company doesn't pay, you can recoup some of it next year come tax time.
      cant ya only do that if ya itemize?? If so he deductable is higer if he doesnt itemize
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

cant ya only do that if ya itemize?? If so he deductable is higer if he doesnt itemize Itemiztions only go has high as the deductable you qualify for doesnt it
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Dude's getting ****ed, but just because life's a ***** doesn't make it right or wrong imo. There are billions of people in the world who'd give their back teeth to be in the same position as Tubes here.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Dude's getting ****ed, but just because life's a ***** doesn't make it right or wrong imo. There are billions of people in the world who'd give their back teeth to be in the same position as Tubes here.
            "You're lucky to have a job" is always the mantra used to shaft workers and enrich corporations. And it's always bullsh*t.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hardly, the employment market is subject to supply and demand, just as the consumer market is. An employee's value (thus wage and conditions) is determined accordingly. If employers are competing for workers (as should be the case in a working economy) then wages+conditions increase in value, since there is a higher demand for a given supply of workers. If Tube's can't get himself another job, then yes he is lucky to have a job.

We might look down our noses at it, but if I was living in Nicaragua, and it was a choice between working a 16 hour day in a sweatshop, and being unable to feed my family, I know what I'd choose... and ultimately I'd never begrudge anyone who was earning himself an income.

Now we in the West have two key differences to Nicaragua... the fact that our economies are somewhat more buoyant which means higher expectations and in most cases, higher wage. We also have labour laws that protect the minimum wage and certain conditions of employment (I'm not sure what the situation is in the US, I imagine it's analogous to the UK). That's absolutely fine, and it makes you and I doubly lucky! We should, in my opinion, never lose sight of the fact that the breadline isn't far away from any of us.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but even if the unreimbursed work expenses can be deducted, I think that's a losing proposition, without regard to the itemization issue. Even assuming that he has enough unreimbursed expenses to clear that minimum that was mentioned, deductions do not equal having the money. For example, assume he's got $100 in unreimbursed expenses and can deduct them. Come tax time, he gets to take $100 off of his taxable income. So he spends $100, then recoups ($100 * X%), where X is his tax rate. So he spends $100 and then reduces his tax burden by something less than $100. Am I wrong in this?

Comment

It's lame not to get a per diem

It's lame for them not to give you more notice

It's lame, but it's your employment

If you aren't willing to do it then quit, gripping about it won't help your cause

Do the training, do the job, ask for a raise... if you don't get it take your expertise else where, it sounds like they need you
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Man what is it with these Texas employeers did they all just get together this week and decide to give us all ****e! You're right, if he's doing something for the company he should get shift diferencial as well as be provided with transportation because utimately the company is the one who is going to benefit from him knowledge because that can charge more once he's trained. You're right their wrong!
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Tuber isnt Bi@@@ing I am. Not just for monetary reasons either. I work days and he usually works nights. The only time i see him is on hour before i go to bed during the week and on weekends. The company is taking his time from me and my kids. I depend on him to get up with the kids and get them off to school since i am usually gone to work already. That would be fine if they had given more notice and i could arrange with my job to come in a bit later. I am also pissed that this company assumes that he works for free. My point is this this company is very assumptious. Say tuber didnt have the money to pay for his own meals cause he just paid the rent and was left with 100 dollars in the bank to last till next pay day. What then does he starve cause he doesnt have the money? This is just an example he has the money, my point is this could be a person that lives paycheck to paycheck and not have the cash. second his transportation, this is the main cause of my aggravation. I drive to new braunfels for work everyday this is 40 minutes from me all higway at 70 mph. I cant drive his car that far and that fast every day. so he cant take my truck. His hospital has a company truck that can solve his problem he say they wont let him use it. I said thats bull **** cause they let another employee that has been there 20 years take this said truck home when his own car blew up. Leaving tuber on foot if he needed to do any transporting of equipment from all of the facilities .

Comment

Tia i think your right the texas employers must have had a lets see how we can screw our employees meeting. cause this and your situation is unfreaking beleivable. You would think that as hard as you work for these lousy bastards they continue to suck more and more out of ya every time ya turn around. I must add this isnt the first tiem this co has done this. Since construction started, they have repeatedly told him he has to be there for shut downs of all shorts some going till 5 am and expect him to report to work after a 20 hour shift This during the weekends as well. When he is not on call. He is stupid to quit right now. he has 5 years invested with this co. Got retioremnt pension building up that he will lose if he quits not to mention All of our health insurance.

Comment

See us to. If I don't secure this job we have not insurance or retirement and you really need it as you get older. There's got to be something in the Austin/San Antonio water this week all the feeking employers here have lost their minds. Hang in there and count to 20!
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Man what is it with these Texas employeers did they all just get together this week and decide to give us all ****e!

This WEEK?! Think about since forever . Texas, as well as the entire South, doesn't think too highly of workers' rights.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                              Hardly, the employment market is blah blah blah etc. etc.
                              Basically you're saying that both the employer and the employee should get as much from each other as they can. WEll that's what Tubs is doing.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Unpaid job expenses can be deducted, so even if the company doesn't pay, you can recoup some of it next year come tax time.
                                only if they are in excess of 2% of Adjusted Gross Income
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X