No announcement yet.

Anyone Watching Rome On HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another counterpoint -- if you qualify stealing as only when you make an actual profit from it, this means a person can take whatever property from someone else for his/her own use, as long as he/she is not selling it for money????
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

they are not losing money if I never intended to buy a car in the first place
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        And another counterpoint -- if you qualify stealing as only when you make an actual profit from it, this means a person can take whatever property from someone else for his/her own use, as long as he/she is not selling it for money????
        funny how you define stealing as TAKING PROPERTY

I don't recall actually taking anything from HBO

you should call them to make sure nothing is missing

have them check their bank accounts

their warehouses

is anything missing!!?!?!?

Nothing missing? No theft. No crime.

Case closed.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          they are not losing money if I never intended to buy a car in the first place
          Um . . . . . . .

yes, they are still losing money.

Why do you think some companies have had to increase prices of products that have been pirated too often by too many people?

Stealing increases the price for honest buyers.

Comment

funny how you define stealing as TAKING PROPERTY

I don't recall actually taking anything from HBO

you should call them to make sure nothing is missing

have them check their bank accounts

their warehouses

is anything missing!!?!?!?

Nothing missing? No theft. No crime.

Case closed.
            Stealing does not have to involve actual, physical property -- I should have been more clear when speaking with someone such as yourself.

Comment

I have a class to teach later today, and it's a little pass 1:00 AM -- so . . . . . . . .

Comment

You are mixing apples and oranges MrFun.

You can't compare actual theft to piracy.

That is where you are making your mistake.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Stealing does not have to involve actual, physical property --
                  uhmmm... yes it does
                  I should have been more clear when speaking with someone such as yourself.
                  you mean someone smarter than you?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

theft is theft.
                    but when it is easier an more comfortable to get a pirated version then a legal one the companys deserve it.
                    ok maybe they don't deserve it but they have to know it is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      ... Oh, and from what I hear, HBO is NOT happy about the ratings Rome is getting. It has been renewed for a 2nd season, but it may go the way of Carnivale and that be the end of it.
                      If more shows told the story they were supposed to and then stopped, the world would be a better place. Things rapidly become crap if the only reason they're still running is because people are watching.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        They went a very different direction with Cleopatra than is traditionally done.
                        Anal?
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

She doesn't have "cute nose"?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

No, she's an opium smoking sex fiend who leans on her inherited title for power. She's nothing without Caesar.

And what the hell are they going to do for a second season? They just blew through about 5 years worth of Julius Caesar.

Comment

you mean someone smarter than you?

funniest post in the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                This is why God invented TiVo.
                                How is using TiVo any less of a petty theft? Network and basic cable shows only make money from advertisers, so by digitally recording episodes and skipping commercials you might as well be taking money out of the talented, hard-working artists' pockets, right? Or can you just use it on paid HBO to avoid perdition's flames?

Why the hell isn't there just a comprehensive iTunes equivalent for TV shows and films? There will be enough people in the near future with fast enough internet connections for it to be as practical a medium as television, and far more convenient for consumers than forcing them to either A) interrupt their busy schedules to flip on the tube at a precise moment, or B) wait a year or two for a pathetically slow DVD release, if there'll even be one at all.
                                Last edited by Guest; November 15, 2005, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X