Arrest Warrant Issued for Tom Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest Warrant Issued for Tom Delay

HOUSTON (Reuters) - An arrest warrant was issued on Wednesday and bail set at $10,000 for former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay ahead of his first appearance in court on money laundering and conspiracy charges.

The warrant ordered by state District Judge Bob Perkins in Austin, Texas, called upon any Texas law enforcement officer to arrest DeLay, but he was expected to turn himself in voluntarily.
    Rest of the story here.

Sure, it's pro forma, but still -- isn't it fun to picture the climax of Scarface being acted out in the US Capitol?

"Hey! Ronnie Earle! Say hello to my little friend!"

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Does he have a hot skinny sister with an afro??? Is he going to shoot Trent Lott because he slept with her??
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm hoping for a White Bronco incident
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Ohhh!!!! That would be awesome!!!
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
          I'm hoping for a White Bronco incident

But it's DC, so it would have to be a black Lincoln Navigator.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I was gonna say Black Lincoln Towncars

Comment

The real question is: who would be driving and trying to talk him into surrendering? I'm picturing Newt Gingrich at the wheel...

Comment

DUDE!!! I was just gonna mention Newt in this OJ/Scarface EPIC

Comment

I would pay good money to see the mug shot after he's arrested.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I would pay good money to see the mug shot after he's arrested.
                    Luckily, you won't have to; it's sure to be on TheSmokingGun.com, even if the mainstream media doesn't carry it.

Comment

LOL apparently his lawyers tried to worm out of it, but he really is going 'down to the station' (wherever that is) to be printed and mugged!
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

His mug shot:

I'm going to blow up the warrant and make a poster out of it.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Weird...here, there's no bench warrant issued unless you don't show at the hearing. I've not heard of one issued before the hearing. But then, I know little of criminal procedure, so maybe . . .

(My advice: Scurry across the boarder into New Mexico and hang out at a hotel giving interviews. )

Comment

This is awesome.

Comment

Tom DeLay

Why do you ****ers hate America?
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X