Woohoo The joy of going wireless and retaking the den

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo The joy of going wireless and retaking the den

Well with a new laptop, the Flubber family is enjoying wireless computing throughout the house

Well mainly it will be Mrs. Flubber since I bought her an entry level laptop. I can't believe I didn't do it before. She loves to surf and with this I now can reclaim the den as my soverign territory. She will no longer need to mess with my ongoing Smax turn . I can relax in my recliner without anyone needing to pop in to check email etc etc. I can also delete a lot of the crap she had placed on my desktop.

The other big advantage is that Toddler Flubber will almost never bring his destructive tendencies into the den again since Mrs Flubber (or I for that matter) can compute away in his playroom. Life is good.

Oh and the machine for the technofolkks is an off-the-shelf Toshiba satellite with a 1.5 Gh celeron M370 processor with 256K of RAM, a 40 Gb harddrive, a 15.4" screen and a DVD player/writer. For internet surfing it seems fast enough and given her typical uses, it seemed senseless to spend the extra coin now on more memory etc. The biggest advantage of a new machine seems to be that it comes bundled with a ton of software which is easy for the non-technical folks to use.

So lets add it up

1. a new toy thats useful to me
    2. major brownie points with Mrs Flubber
    3. frees up my computer all the time
    4. returns the den to its rightful role as a "Dad sanctuary"

Its all good
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Toshiba

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      Toshiba
      The reviews I read were pretty good. The only cheaper new machines with similar specs were made by "ACER" IIRC and they weren't much cheaper.

I actually found the laptop market to be pretty competitive. Almost all the machines had similar specs at a given price.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
      X