The Science Museum Is Loving The Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Science Museum Is Loving The Aliens

An exhibition opens at the Science Museum (in conjunction with Channel 4) devoted to exploring the prospect of life on other worlds- how it would evolve, what kind of creatures would fill evolutionary niches on worlds with denser atmospheres, or higher temperatures:

Channel 4 and Big Wave Productions challenged some of the brightest and best scientific minds to imagine life on alien worlds. They didn’t disappoint. From flying whales to worlds locked into eternal night, you’ll soon discover why science fact can be more thrilling – and even more bizarre – than science fiction.

Follow us on a journey through the real science of alien life and into the furthest reaches of your imagination. Get up-close and personal with some classic science fiction films and props, then come face-to-face with the weird creatures that inhabit Earth, before exploring far-flung planets and stars. Enter the "Alien Worlds" of leading scientists and meet the aliens they have imagined in a unique hands-on environment. And before you leave, compose your own personal message to an alien.

It's expected that within the next decade, more powerful space based telescopes may be able to give us a better idea of whether or not life exists on planets orbiting other stars- this may help to explain the success of boy bands and Pop Idol.

I love these questions:

Frightened but intrigued by aliens? Why’s that?

I've been to California, that's why...

Loving the alien:
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Cool thing, will remember this next time I'm in London

Comment

Working...
    X