Everyone should at least once...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should at least once...

Is there something you feel everyone should do at least once in their life? You like doing it, it might be a bit exotic, so let's hear it out!

I think everyone should go to sauna, do it properly, in winter, and go roll in the snow naked and go back to sauna. It's really not a joke, it's quite pleasurable. For peeps wondering, the snow doesn't feel cold at all when you roll in it. Unless you do it wrong and have sauna with 60C, well... so you need to be at least 80C and for some time, and then jump to snow. Also know where you are diving, just like in water, so you don't hurt yourself. It's really cool stuff

YOUR TURN!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Everyone should live in another country at least once for a minimum for six months.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

...at least once.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yes sauna is nice, many people sit in a sauna in the winter and then they jump into the sea. Very refreshing I must say, even the oldies with weak hearts can't stay away so in like five thousand years they will probably find an incredibly preserved specimen of hairy old man frozen into a block of ice, holding a bottle of beer. A mysteroious clue of the ancient northern culture.
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Funny you mention, with many of my friends in their last year of college, I've had a spike in inquiries on where to
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Where? Jeezus, where not?
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Everyone should take acid at least once in their lives.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Robert Heinlein (I believe) said everyone should have to run for their lives at least once. That's why when wifey asks if she should wear or buy a particular pair of shoes, I ask: 1) does it look good? 2) will you be comfortable wearing them for a while? 3) can you run for your life in them?

Everyone should fall deeply in love, and then have their heart broken at least once.

Everyone should see an autopsy at least once.

Everyone should have a pet at least once.

Everyone should go a day (or more) without eating at least once, to know what so many people on this earth go through on a regular basis.

Comment

Everyone should donate money to a youth rights organization at least once.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Everyone should be arrested at least once.

Comment

Re: Everyone should at least once...

I think everyone should go to sauna, do it properly, in winter, and go roll in the snow naked and go back to sauna.
                      Nope

Everyone should live in another country at least once for a minimum for six months.

Check

...at least once.

Check

Everyone should take acid at least once in their lives.

Nope

Everyone should go a day (or more) without eating at least once, to know what so many people on this earth go through on a regular basis.

Check

Everyone should fall deeply in love, and then have their heart broken at least once.

Nope. I don't have a heart

Everyone should see an autopsy at least once.

Good God, why?

Everyone should have a pet at least once.

Check

everyone should have to run for their lives at least once

Check

Everyone should be arrested at least once.

Nope

Everyone should donate money to a youth rights organization at least once.

Children shouldn't be trusted with money.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera

Does it count if you vomit out everything you eat for 36h?
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Visit Mingapulco at least once.
                          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Does being banned by Lefty from CFC count?
                            Last edited by Last Conformist; October 18, 2005, 06:16.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Do skydiving at least once
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X