New Style Of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Style Of Business

I want to start a cult. A cult of rotten business. You know, that I'm thinking daily of ways to make money. SOme good ideas, most are bad ideas, and some are good ideas but rotten and unethical.

I've noticed, that rotten works. I'm confident, absolutely confident of making my million dollars before I hit 30. So I got 5 years to go. My main strength is that I can come up with 10 ideas per hour. I trust in numbers, being 'mathematician', and I feel if I can keep with the creative output, I am BOUND to have the solid idea that works in real life in about few months.

So, rather than creating single business ideas, products or services, I've thought of a whole new concept. THe concept is OLD and done every day, and some might even call it criminal, but I feel if it can be executed perfectly, it's totally creative AND cool. The better (harsher) you do it, the more ethical in my eyes it becomes. It's the stealing of the bridge, if you have balls to steal a freaking brdige like they did (it was a huge thread in here), you god damn well deserve to have it.

So to the concept. It's not a product or service, rather an idea. So, you get the big idea, and then you need to make it a working concept, to sell sell sell. To make money, to see the idea in action. This is rather boring to me. I just like the ideas.

Who sells ideas? Every starting company with passion. You need investors to give you money to start it, and that's the selling of the idea part. You go round and round, pitching it to investors, talk in different conferences what ever, sell it. At that point, it's just an idea basically. There might be something more concrete to go with it, but just to .. sink the hook.

My concept stops there. It's ALL about selling the idea to investors. Only large investors who can take a hit though. No to small private investors, unless they are bastards.

You sell them guaranteed bubble. You don't even try to .. make it essentially what is a very solid working concept of a product or service. You sell them the idea only. And it has to be semi nuts, it has to be out there. The IDEA doesn't have to be fun and sexy, YOU have to be fun and sexy. Make them feel your character. Make them into you. Make them feel 'I'm not so sure about the idea', and they still invest, because they want to be in business with you.

Leech as much money as possible. Go to many rounds, don't take one investor, take all you can get. Then, that's basically it. Then of course you set the business running but what happens, happens.

Basically the investors see tons of folks with ideas and presentations and stuff, that's what they do. So they're bound to hear loads of great ideas. And convincing people. What I'm after is that I want to be the best at persuation. THe best at presenting. The best at creating the material for the presentation, and go in with mediocre idea.

I feel that's the most important thing, even more important than the actual idea, if you can perfect the pitching. Basically what I'm saying is, I want to go in with a BS idea I come up in the next 5 minutes, and then work superhard on making the image I need, and basically not just sell the idea that is not that great, but sell the dream and image, this is what they all do, but I want to be BEST at that. I feel that can lead to a lot of money.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

To put it in simple terms, my idea is to get your money (investor) and if we can get the money from future clients in the business we're setting up, cool, if not, cool. But of course not pissing it away on purpose.

But my main focus is getting the money from investors, not the clients, and that is done by superior pitching, because when we take the investors out on the dream trip, they are supposed to think that's what will happen to clients. They hear boring presentations of good ideas from boring people and they have to get analytical about it, will this sell. If I get thme all excited about ****, they think it will sell for sures, since they were feeling so excited about it. HOw that is done, crazy yet mediocre idea, excellent presentation, fun, sexy, young, ****ing excellent.

This means, the main personal investing goes to creating the image, and surrounding myself with excellent, young coming up stars in media, unique, who will then create that unique and very professional image of the idea and company. With excellent material, yet not something you see all day long. Thus, young and talented people. Walk around the Uni, start sneaking and basically lure them in. Get one of them excited about it first, and you're on your way, because then you don't have to pay so much. Something I already have done Hook, sink, perfect set up, for free. Of course I didn't present THIS idea to him. I'm joggling.. keeping 4 balls in the air at the same time. Making success soon.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

HSN already does that... Home Shopping Network, they just sell other ppls products. Same with Ebay. Get a medium and try it out.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

No no that wasn't the idea.

The idea is to only pitch investors, period.
        In da butt.

Comment

Venture Capitalist?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: New Style Of Business

Originally posted by Pekka
            I've noticed, that rotten works. I'm confident, absolutely confident of making my million dollars before I hit 30. So I got 5 years to go.
            Geez, just whore yourself out for 5 years and save all the money.

Especially if you do sickos, you can get huge amounts in little time. If you really want the money, just do it.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

more like birddogging for venture capitalist
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, right, anyone who is interested. Attract players.
                In da butt.

Comment

Watched "Boiler Room" lately? Or followed the now defunct Vancouver Stock Exchange about 10 years ago?
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Kontiki, no, though it's one of my favourite movies. I wasn't thinkign of that though..

They sold them completely empty. I would sell future product/service in form of idea. Just pitching.
                    In da butt.

Comment

I've been approached several times to help ppl get their ideas to market. Each time I've been too busy, either rehabbing a house, or moving across country, having a kid, and changing jobs. They have a good recipe and idea for a product in a semi-competitive industry that makes a lot of money. They just don't know how to make their idea a reality and asked me to do it. I might do it this winter, when things start to slow down.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Right, you're talking the same .. area, but still a bit different. But the same sport, sure.

I'm not planning to.. make the idea into a complete package, get it running.

I would plan to.. sell my image, sell the presentation, sell the material, sell the atmosphere I would create, and that would also at the same time make the idea go through and get the money.

HMm how woudl I explain this.. you see, the product itself or service would become second in priority. THe priority would be selling the image that comes from myself, maybe few other people, the presentation and that package. NOT the idea that much. The idea might even suck, and if the idea is not solid, then we just raise the amount of money we need, to give it edge .

It's not about how solid the idea is at that time, it's about the potential of the idea, the future of the idea, if people want figures, we'll give them figures, estimations that are projected from.. my ass. That's not important, of course the investors wants to know what they're getting, but it's more important to make them feel like they are seeing a whole new level of presentation, a new exciting world, that alone will give some compromises on the unrealistic figures and how good the idea REALLY is. Associated with the feeling, the yfeel the idea is great too.

Just like many products, you don't need them, but sometimes you just got to buy them. It's not that it's a great idea, if it's marketed right.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Kontiki, no, though it's one of my favourite movies. I wasn't thinkign of that though..

They sold them completely empty. I would sell future product/service in form of idea. Just pitching.
                          I don't see the difference. It all boils down to selling something that doesn't really exist. From what I understand of your point, you want to get investors excited enough about an upcoming product or service (which is what an "idea" has to manifest itself as) to back it financially. Same deal with running a chop shop, or being an unscrupulous promoter like Murray Pezim was on the old VSE. You should look him up - I think you'd like him. He dealt mainly with mining ventures, but at the end of the day it was the same thing.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

RIght, except in Boiler Room they sold ... products that really didn't exist. It was beyond the level of idea already at that point, making it illegal and not very solid.

Just selling images of future. That's it. And like I said, IF the idea is bought, a company will be set. I wouldn't dream of working with it, unless of course the idea actually rocks, I'd move to a new pitch, new mediocre idea and superb pitching.

I would simply contact people to work on it, and set myself away from responsibility of running the company, to go back fishing again.

Like a great agitator. I feel I might have some skills in it, but of course I'd have to work on it, I wouldn't be at the level required now or any time soon. But that would be the business, the pitching phase. If it would become succesful as in few succesful pitches, I could then take on ideas and sell them as real business. One could make TONS of money, fast, and have fun while doing it, provided that you can do it like I say it must be done, superbly and .. offering the presentations in a whole new level they haven't yet seen. To get them exited about the idea, or you.

It's pure psychology. If you give the best pitch ever, they will feel the idea will manifest itself with same level as well, so even if the idea is not necessarily the next big hit globally, you trust it to be very well executed, since the pitching phase was such display.
                            In da butt.

Comment

HMm how woudl I explain this.. you see, the product itself or service would become second in priority. THe priority would be selling the image that comes from myself, maybe few other people, the presentation and that package. NOT the idea that much. The idea might even suck, and if the idea is not solid, then we just raise the amount of money we need, to give it edge
                              ala Paris Hilton
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X