Al Qaeda, Politicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Qaeda, Politicians

Here's a letter from al Zawahiri (al Qaeda #2) to al Zarqawi (al Qaeda Iraq) that is a very interesting read. Read entire. It will take you a good half hour, but it's worth it.

Al Zawahiri is a very shrewd political fellow. He takes al Zarqawi to task for the beheadings of hostages and the terrorist attacks on normal shiites. He makes a practical argument rather than a moral argument regarding these actions.

He also says that al Qaeda Iraq must have a political component, implying that, as of now, there is no political component in al Zarqawi's movement. He almost sounds like he's advocating democracy.

He also believes the US is weak and we will leave Iraq soon. He takes great pains to ensure that al Qaeda isn't caught flat-footed by the US leaving very soon.

There are lots of idiosyncracies to the letter. For instance, al Zawahiri spends a lot of time trying to convince al Zarqawi that all of the divisions among the Sunnis are less important than kicking American and Jewish ass.

All-in-all the letter takes the tone of objectives that are positively medieval. But the argument is rooted in the modern world and is crystal clear.

Some may say that this is merely US propaganda. I don't know if that's the case. It's good propaganda, if nothing else. But as I understand, our intelligence services and military are precluded from releasing knowingly false information to Americans. If they want to lie, they release information to the British press, or have British intelligence/military release the information.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

1) this would be secret intel, unless it was decided to use for propaganda.

2) propaganda is a tool, that in itself has no value of good nor bad.

3) this still doesn't make the fact go away that BIG AL deserves to get shot in the back of his head, as does the rest of his club.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I never said it wasn't propaganda. Rather, I was saying that I doubted it was merely propaganda -- i.e., fabricated out of wholecloth.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oh, and he waited until the end to ask for money.

Comment

Working...
        X