Audio CD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio CD Question

i bought a double cd yesterday, which is faulty, but i can't figure out why. i tried it on 3 different cd players but each of them says there is no disk inserted (with both the cds). however both cds work fine on my computer, so i tried ripping them and then burning a new cd, but this cd is also not recognised by two of the three players, but plays ok one of them

i could understand if the cds didn't work at all, but i can't work out why they work on my computer but not on cd players. anyone got any ideas what's wrong and how to get them to work on players?
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Do youre CD players usuallly play burned discs?

Computer CD generally are better with 'marginal' CDs, they play burned CDs and 'retry' more to get the CD playing if they encounter a problem.

Comment

Do youre CD players usuallly play burned discs?

isn't it kind of early to be drinking?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

it's the original cds that i'm having problems with though.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The oringinal may be marginal, good enough to play on a computer but too iffy for your players.

Az, no its not! ;O)

I don't do fake typos when I'm drunk on Poly like some I could name, those are genuine sober typos!!

Comment

yeah i thought that too, but then i ripped all the tracks to my pc and burned a cd of them, so any imperfections with the original cds wouldn't matter, cos it's just 13 'clean' .wma files. but the burned cd refuses to work properly, and that's what confused me.

Comment

The first thing that I thought of was whether the originals had some type of copy protection that's interfering with them being played on the CD players.

Take em back and complain!
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

/me runs away...... "aaaaah wma files", my eyes, my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                  The first thing that I thought of was whether the originals had some type of copy protection that's interfering with them being played on the CD players.

Take em back and complain!
                  yeah i think that's what i'm going to have to do. is it too much to ask that a cd plays on your cd player.

Comment

Working...
                  X