Teen Scapegoating Exposed: Adults the Real Drug Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the article, you berk.

The ones dying are your 40-something types who gave it up years ago (when they grew up and got sensible). They go back for a little dabble, and drop dead- fooled by today's purity.

Meanwhile, your kids who are popping pills daily and injecting horse in any intact vein they can find, are alive and well.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

So, the lesson here is; don't quit?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

According to the U.S. Substance and Mental Health Services Administration, more than a third of drug users today are older than 35, compared with 12% in 1979.

Maybe my math is a bit shakey. If a third of drug users are older than 35, how many are younger? And would that be the majority or minority?
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I dunno...I see some of the American anti-drug commercials. They have a very lonely, sad looking grandma who is stood up by her stoned son.

If that doesn't make marijuana criminal, I don't know what does.
          Well, how do you know that the grandma isn't some evil old witch?
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
            Meanwhile, your kids who are popping pills daily and injecting horse in any intact vein they can find, are alive and well.
            This means that this generation of humans is more resilient and robust? They just don't build 'em like they used to--they make 'em better.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
              According to the U.S. Substance and Mental Health Services Administration, more than a third of drug users today are older than 35, compared with 12% in 1979.

Maybe my math is a bit shakey. If a third of drug users are older than 35, how many are younger? And would that be the majority or minority?
              younger than 35 != teenagers
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

No, but I don't see anything that suggests it one way or another. Certainly nothing that suggests adults are more prone than teens.
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

And nothing in ths study suggest either that its key to ensure people never start or consider taking illicit drugs in the first place...
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm not sure how that's in any way relevant, but you're right.

I'm just curious where the "adults the real drug problem" is supported.

Comment

Working...
                    X