Your favourite Saying/Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite Saying/Quote

I'm always very interested to hear new sayings by people (especially in the past).

I recently remembered this one and I think out of all the sayings I have read, this one really is the most powerful of them all:

"We do not inherit the land from our ancestors...we borrow it from our children."

I also like this recent one:

"We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."
    be free

Does this count?

"Modern pride: I have lost the friendship of a man I esteemed, having insistently reminded him I was more degenerate than he."
    We're falling from ecstasy...

Comment

See my Hitler sig
      Have it just because it tells alot about the man

The other one is just kewl especially considering this site
      "The Parthians are dead, the Britons conquered; Romans, play on!"
      Gamingboard, Rome 3. Cent. AD

Comment

See my sig lines.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

"We're not splitting the ****ing atom here, folks."

Usually used when people are being over-cautious, or it's time to stop examining every little aspect of a task, pick a method and jump in. Also used when somebody tries to over-complicate an issue.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Groovy, baby!
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

"The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way."
              Lime roots and treachery!
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I like the dutch phrase: "Van leven ga je dood"
                which would translate into (but won't sound so nice): "Living makes you die"

I use it when people are worrying about what anything that's great may harm you a little bit. (ie. Should i eat that food, it's not that healthy....etc.)
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Work Hard. Party Hard.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

"I'd hit it"
                    Blah

Comment

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Your favourite Saying/Quote

Originally posted by Sn00py
                        I also like this recent one:

"We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

How's this sound:

The Americans will stop killing people when they love their children more than they hate us.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Re: Re: Your favourite Saying/Quote

Originally posted by Tingkai

How's this sound:
                          rubbish, like most of your posts.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

" I never travel without my diary. One should have something sensational to read in the train."

Oscar Wilde, 'The Importance of Being Earnest'

"...and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes. "

James Joyce, 'Ulysses'
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Snoopy: It's not very recent. It was said by Golda Meir (former Prime Minister of Israel).
                              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                              X